Breaking news! Highlands may be losing their best player for the finals!

theguru

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think that for a minute. Highlands is really deep at the skilled positions. Mitchell has had a great year but there are some other very good players that have hardly touched the ball for the Birds.

Mitchell was the difference in the CovCath, Bell, and first Boyle game.

For that matter so should EJ and Franklin.

Clearly, there are so many things affected by a forfeiture, that it will surely be impossible to have anyone but HHS playing for the eastern bracket on Saturday. I just wonder if they will: A. play no game and declare BC the winner, or B. have no 3A title game and no winner at all.

And for the record, I'd say Bell, CovCath, EJ, etc are out of the equation. If they go back one step, they would have to go back to the district matchups, etc, and that is a Pandora's box that can't be opened.

This is going to be between HHS and Boyle or not at all.

(IMO)

And for the record, I'd say Bell, CovCath, EJ, etc are out of the equation. If they go back one step, they would have to go back to the district matchups, etc, and that is a Pandora's box that can't be opened.

(IMO)

I agree.

Mitchell was the difference in the CovCath, Bell, and first Boyle game.

Guys, go back and look at the thread about the temporary injunction granted to Mitchell back in the summer. It sounds pretty clear that if the courts end up upholding the KHSAA's position, then HHS will forfeit all the games in which he played.

I don't think this is going to be a matter of HHS playing without Mitchell. If something else doesn't happen in the courts this week, and it still might, then it's doubtful HHS will not be going to Louisville.

Clearly, there are so many things affected by a forfeiture, that it will surely be impossible to have anyone but HHS playing for the eastern bracket on Saturday. I just wonder if they will: A. play no game and declare BC the winner, or B. have no 3A title game and no winner at all.

I understand your point and I hate the situation. But would it be fair to all the other teams and Highlands gets to play anyway reguardless if there is a winner at all.

(IMO)

Unfortuately, there are no winners if the game is called. Boyle will have a hollow championship.

I understand your point and I hate the situation. But would it be fair to all the other teams and Highlands gets to play anyway reguardless if there is a winner at all.

Well, if HHS has to forfeit their games, then HHS will not be in the finals. All I am saying is that either this issue will be resolved this week in HHS' favor, meaning that the game goes on as if nothing happened, or there is no game, and either BC wins the title by default or no one wins.

(IMO)

In 1995 Colerain won in the Ohio D1 semis, but was found to have used an ineligble player. The team Colerain defeated played in the state championship game the following week.

They may forfeit all those games, but I would be willing to bet they will take the field this Saturday vs Boyle, with or without Mitchell.

I guess the Mitchells next move would be the Ky Supreme Court?

Will the KHSAA give up the money of the gate to stand by principle? No. I think you are correct Highlands will play, but play w/o Mitchell.