Breaking news! Highlands may be losing their best player for the finals!

theguru

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, one thing's for sure: with the timing of this ruling, it is clear that somebody (either the KHSAA or the Court of Appeals) really wants to nail Highlands.

As for the comment about HHS winning without Mitchell, I think the guru is being way too optimistic about HHS' chances without the kid. He is the best guy on the team, and one of the very best players in the state. The team will have very little time to prepare for BC with him out of the gameplan. HHS beating BC with Mitchell is an iffy proposition. Without him, Boyle Co should be considered the favorite.

One last thing: I am hearing from some that this issue is not over, and that there will be more court stuff this week.

Can Mitchell even practice with the team at this time?

It's definitely no joke. God I wish it were.

This is ridiculous!! I want Mitchell to play. I think he is the best player on Highlands. It would be a shame for a kid to miss out on this opportunity after playing on season. Once again kids are potentially punished because adults can't agree on the rules. Danville forfieted 2 games because a KHSAA form was ambiguous at best.

I would like to go on the BGP record right now and say that, no matter what happens, I totally support Dale Mueller and the administration's decision to play Mitchell in 2004. From everyone I've talked to, Mike has been a wonderful addition to the Highlands family, and I am glad to know that he was given the opportunity to play for the 'Birds in 2004!!!!! I'm proud of Mike and I'm proud of my alma mater!

2 very different cases. From what I understand with Danville its was a paper work problem and then the kid was able to play . With the Mitchell kid didnt the KHSAA rule him ineligible for different reasons! Anyone know?

This is ridiculous!! I want Mitchell to play. I think he is the best player on Highlands. It would be a shame for a kid to miss out on this opportunity after playing on season. Once again kids are potentially punished because adults can't agree on the rules. Danville forfieted 2 games because a KHSAA form was ambiguous at best.

Guru, this better not be some April Fool's joke. Interesting, will the KHSAA stand by the same principle applied to Danville?

I am offended that you would even suggest that. I would never kid around about something like this.