Georgia 26 Baylor 14

16thBBall Fan

After watching the bowl games I’m not sure there was a #4 team.

Tua getting hurt was the only reason there was not a four team that stood out. With Tua they don’t lose to Auburn. Bama would have been the next best after the top three if not for the injury.

Didn't catch much of the game, but I saw Georgia had seven offensive starts sitting out this game. Not sure how many on the other side of the ball. Baylor had to think they had a solid chance in this one.

Georgia had 12 players that started 2 or more games for them this season that did not play in this game.

Anyone know where I can recruit some B12 fans to join this board? It would give us B10 fans a break lol.

To be fair I believe they were only favored to win one of these bowl games. Every game besides one the team they were playing were ranked higher. The Big 12s two best teams had to play two teams in the SEC who are both ranked in the top 5 in the country. Lost three of their 5 games to SEC teams and another one to Notre Dame who was playing their best over the last three games.

Luckily for the Big 12 though they did have Texas who got to play a very over ranked and over hyped Utah team lol. At the end of the day though you’re right, the bowl games definitely didn’t help their brand out at all lol.

Anyone know where I can recruit some B12 fans to join this board? It would give us B10 fans a break lol.

Really looking at it JA the past few years the power 5 has been like this imo. The SEC and the Big 10 really other than those two you have: ACC 1 team as good as anyone in the SEC and Big 10. Big 12- 2 to 3 average teams. PAC 12 1-2 teams maybe a little above average at best. To me that’s pretty much the state of college football.

Georgia is an above average good team. They are fundamentally sound and well coached. There isn't one unit that stands out as outstanding. They are good enough to hang with 95% of the teams out there, but are completely incapable of beating the very top tier teams.

UGA needs at least one unit that xan dominate a game. Their D-line, secondary, run game, passing game...just one unit they can count on.