Bengals at Steelers Predictions/Updates

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh Who wins?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Cincinnati at Pittsburgh Who wins?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a challenge. Someone find a team with a linebackers group worse than the Bengals.

When you are finished with that, please find a team with a worse offensive line.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's not just WHO are the linebackers...but HOW MANY we have on the field at one time. I understand wanting to have an extra DB in there for the spread offenses, but we are getting gauged on the running game and mobile QB's with only 2 linebackers in there.

I see the Bengals are a 4 point dog.

In general terms it is hard to believe the Bengals are 0-3 and playing in prime time on the road in Pittsburgh and they are only a 4 point dog.

The powers that be must believe the Steelers are horrible.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's not just WHO are the linebackers...but HOW MANY we have on the field at one time. I understand wanting to have an extra DB in there for the spread offenses, but we are getting gauged on the running game and mobile QB's with only 2 linebackers in there.

And the reason they play just 2 linebackers is because our linebackers stink. Defensive line is good. Pretty good depth in the defensive backfield. So you play the better players and put the stinky ones on the bench.

And the reason they play just 2 linebackers is because our linebackers stink. Defensive line is good. Pretty good depth in the defensive backfield. So you play the better players and put the stinky ones on the bench.

Which quite honestly 2 out of the 3 games they played. The defense honestly hasn't played that bad. While the defense did allow the go ahead score last week. The defense also was the only reason the Bengals even got back in the game and even had a chance to win.

It sucks that they are 0 and 3, but considering they are playing their 3rd string Left Tackle and how bad their linebackers are. I believe the coaches have done a good job at getting the team in position to have won 2 of the 3 games they have played. They just haven't been able to make that play at the end to win it.

Prime time game simply a chance for Bengals to lay another egg. Might not want to even watch past the 1st quarter.

I'll reserve judgement on how the team will play under a new coach. While the record isn't good still, I have seen this team be better in other areas that they struggled with under Marvin for 16 years. Which was clock management and actual halftime adjustments.

Now this is a chance to see how the play in two other areas they struggled with under Marvin. Which is one primetime and two the Steelers.

I'll reserve judgement on how the team will play under a new coach. While the record isn't good still, I have seen this team be better in other areas that they struggled with under Marvin for 16 years. Which was clock management and actual halftime adjustments.

Now this is a chance to see how the play in two other areas they struggled with under Marvin. Which is one primetime and two the Steelers.

Really appreciate your "glass half full" optimism. Got to admit that I've been let down so many times that the "glass half empty" negative mindset has been adopted to mitigate some of the pain.