Who is the better team in Class 6A North Hardin or Central Hardin?

Bac2369

Who is better?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

• North Hardin
    • Central Hardin

Still a long way to go before this matchup. Health of the teams will be a big factor. It is hard to ignore the play of Central Hardin skill players and the number of point put up by Central Hardin so far this year as they lead the state in scoring. Central Hardin field goal kicker last week vs Elizabethtown was 5 of 5 on extra points and 2 for 2 on field goals and 18-18 for the season on extra points and 5-5 on field goals with the ability to accurately make field goals from 50 yards out. Depth for Central Hardin is huge. They can go 2 deep at most positions and 4 deep at the running back position as evidence was last Friday when Deonco Wilkerson was cramping in the second half and Central Hardin brought in the state track 100 meter champion in Tre Jean Sanders who put up 117-yards rushing, Deonco Wilkerson still put up 108 yards rushing in limited duty in the second half. At wide receiver, Gavin George caught 6 passes for 124 yards and 2 TDs and had an 85 yard kick off return TD called back on a penalty. QB Chase Elmore finished the game 15-18 for 306 yards and 3 TDs.

Central Hardin is putting up big numbers, at least partly because they've played exactly one team that has any resemblance of a a defense (E-town). Their other three opponents are giving up 41 points per game collectively, not exactly stellar.

You have to wonder if each teams schedule will hurt or help them come time for them to play. CH's opponents are currently 5-11, NH's opponents are 8-8. Still A LOT of football to be played before these two duke it out, but I'll take North Hardin as it stands today.

Central Hardin's win over Elizabethtown was impressive, particularly dropping 57 on them. I have seen E-Town live and I think they are one of the top teams in 3A. I think Central may have exposed some depth issues.

That said, I think the mutual E-town game is instructive. Glad it gets to be resolved on the field.