BluegrassPreps Pre-Season Football Rankings - Class 2A

Ram

Class 2A

Much like Class 1A, Mayfield will watch the defending Champion who bested them in the State Finals depart as Christian Academy of Louisville moves up. The Cardinals may have still started the year at #1 with the talent they have returning and will test their mettle with a stout foe from Memphis, Tennessee. We will have to wait a week to see Beechwood make their debut, but Championship hopeful Somerset will look to carve their path to a successful year against Rockcastle County. The first ranked foe of the year that Class 2A will try to topple is 5A Graves County. Murray will have their hands full, but the Tigers have a lot of firepower back.

1. Mayfield vs. Lausanne Collegiate (TN)

2. Beechwood -- OPEN

3. Somerset vs. 3A Rockcastle County

4. Lexington Christian Academy vs. 4A Moore

5. Walton-Verona vs. Lloyd Memorial

6. Murray vs. 5A #10 Graves County

7. Breathitt County at 1A Jenkins

8. Owensboro Catholic vs. 5A Ohio County

9. Caldwell County vs. 5A Christian County

10. Danville vs. 4A John Hardin (8/24)

Beechwood loses an awful lot from last year. I don't think I'd pencil them in for the championship game the same way I would Mayfield. But I do expect to see Mayfield and Beechwood clash for at least a couple of titles under this alignment.

You may be right, but I have more faith in the Tigers. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make it to a matchup with Mayfield.

But, I guess we are getting the cart before the horse, let's see how they do against OPEN first.

You may be right, but I have more faith in the Tigers. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make it to a matchup with Mayfield.

But, I guess we are getting the cart before the horse, let's see how they do against OPEN first.

Beechwood will break the Mayfield jinx at some point.

Edited by theguru
Rule 10

A Beechwood/Mayfield final this year is a very definite possibility. Perhaps even likely. But this year is maybe the best chance to see a different matchup at the grocery store under this alignment.

And for the record, Beechwood stands no shot against OPEN. No one's ever seen them lose a game. Then again, no one's ever seen them win one either, so...

10. No gambling, bookmaking or point spread comments are allowed in any of the high school forums. Figures of speech that use gambling terms may not be used in any of the high school forums. All gambling comments are permitted in the non-high school forums as long as they do not involve any high school sports, students, or student-athletes.

I'm really shocked that Lloyd is not in the top ten and Walton is #5. Nothing against Walton at all, the program is very solid. I just thought Lloyd would at least be close to them.

I can tell you the ranking staff gave Lloyd credit and they came in at number 12 in the pre-season rankings.

I'm really shocked that Lloyd is not in the top ten and Walton is #5. Nothing against Walton at all, the program is very solid. I just thought Lloyd would at least be close to them.

We'll get the answer to that in week one.

Is the #5 slot Walton Verona's highest ranking ever? I know they were in the top 10 last season but I think they were right around the 9/10 range.

We'll get the answer to that in week one.

Is the #5 slot Walton Verona's highest ranking ever? I know they were in the top 10 last season but I think they were right around the 9/10 range.

Not sure but that maybe too high as well. This team is young and need lots of improvement. Talent level and effort are there but need to grow up fast.