7th Region 2019/2020

This year, rather than individual team threads, BGP wants to promote discuss about each region. What changes can the 7th region expect from last season? What are the new coaches like? Which players seem ready to emerge on the scene this year? Which teams will be strong? Who will surprise?

(If you would like to start a thread about an individual thread, please feel free to do so on your own.)

Plus---they got the transfer from Ballard, I believe. Will they have the chemistry necessary to be a champion? I have no reason to expect otherwise, but that should be a question asked of any contender.

Male will definitely start the season as the team to beat. Coach

Haworth will be in his second season with a very talented and deep roster. Tyren Moore and a healthy Howard Fleming will be fun to watch, although there will be many contributors for the Bulldogs in 2019-20.

Trinity and Waggener both lost a lot of starters. But Coach Szabo and Coach O'Neill have built programs and I suspect both will once again be at the top of the region. Ethan Hodge will be a player to watch for Trinity.

Ballard returns a lot, including Josh Minkins, who will play Division I football. As always, you can expect Ballard to be at the top of the Region. Central also will be competitive under Coach Bibby.

Teams I expect to move forward from last year include St. X, with Sebian Dillard leading the way; Christian Academy, which returns most of its roster for Bryce Hibbard's second year as coach; Eastern, which played several young players last season; and Collegiate, which returns most of its significant contributors, including Chez Moore.

But at this point, Male looks like it should be the best of the bunch.

• 2 weeks later...