Amber Alert: April 2, 2019 (Cancelled)

Colonels_Wear_Blue

An Amber Alert has been declared:

The alert is for Lauryn Sizemore, a 16 year old Caucasian feel with brown hair and hazel eyes. Lauryn is 4 feet 8 inches tall and weighs 130 pounds.

She was last seen wearing a gray hoodie with black strings. One particular identifying feature of Lauren is a lazy eye.

The suspect's name is Glenn Harper. He is a 55 year old Caucasian male with gray hair and brown eyes. He is 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighs 245 pounds.

Lauryn was last seen at approximately midnight on March 30, 2019 inside her bedroom in Dawson Springs, Kentucky.

At approximately 9:30am on March 30, 2019 Lauryn was noticed missing from her home. The man she is believed to be with is her step-grandfather Glenn Eugene Harper. He is driving a 2004 Hyundai Sonata, Maroon in color, with a Kentucky temporary tag: 9555994.

He advised a friend that he was going to Texas. His brother and father live together in the Houston, Texas area.

If you have any information, please call Kentucky State Police at 502-272-2221, or you can also call 911.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue

How do I delete the "Amber Alert" feature on my phone?

Finally dozed off at about 2am last night when the thing went off.

2am? Really!

I can't be the only one annoyed.

Edited by Jumper_Dad
R8

2am? Really!

If it was your child would you prefer they wait until noon the next day, 10 hours later?

You are the third or fourth person that's made nearly the exact same comment, that I have seen.

Edited by Jumper_Dad
R14

If it was your child would you prefer they wait until noon the next day, 10 hours later?

You are the third or fourth person that's made nearly the exact same comment, that I have seen.

Not being insensitive, but I'm not in a position at that time of day to be of assistance.

I think each individual should have the option as to receive these alerts or not, or at least to silence them.

2am? Really!

I didn't want to post it, but man I was in a deep sleep when that went off.

Edited by Jumper_Dad

Not being insensitive, but I'm not in a position at that time of day to be of assistance.

I think each individual should have the option as to receive these alerts or not, or at least to silence them.

I think it's the same system that warns you of tornadoes also, so you may want to leave it turned on. You'd hate to get hit by a tornado because you didn't want to be woke up.

As far as a solution, there should be some place in your notifications on your phone to turn it off, if you desire. You probably wouldn't get the ones when you're awake and could be of assistance though.

2am? Really!

On IPhone hit settings, go to notifications and then scroll to the bottom to government alerts.

On IPhone hit settings, go to notifications and then scroll to the bottom to government alerts.

And to note, you can choose to just turn off Amber Alerts, and leave the other emergency alerts on.

In all honesty though, the value these alerts provide, IMO, far outweigh any minor inconvenience they cause.