Spencer County 75 South Oldham 71 (8th Region Quarterfinals)

Kind of an ugly finish at Henry County. Spencer's Whitlock missed 4 straight free throws in the final seconds, but South Oldham missed two box outs and Spencer got two offensive rebounds. Hornback finally ices it for Spencer with two free throws.

Hated that for Whitlock considering he played an incredible game running the team and the defensive effort. Shooting free throws in that pressure situation is a little different. He's only a sophomore. Good experience. Thankfully it didn't cost them.

Hated that for Whitlock considering he played an incredible game running the team and the defensive effort. Shooting free throws in that pressure situation is a little different. He's only a sophomore. Good experience. Thankfully it didn't cost them.

First time I’ve seen the Bears. Really enjoyed their play. Maybe that Gallatin-Spencer game will still happen.

Kind of an ugly finish at Henry County. Spencer's Whitlock missed 4 straight free throws in the final seconds, but South Oldham missed two box outs and Spencer got two offensive rebounds. Hornback finally ices it for Spencer with two free throws.

A PG missing 4 straight free throws is definitely a cardinal sin. But somehow they won. With S Oldham and Collins both out, it’s anyones game now.

First time I’ve seen the Bears. Really enjoyed their play. Maybe that Gallatin-Spencer game will still happen.

Spencer has a huge road block to overcome Friday Night. Horrible matchup for them. I do know they will leave everything on the floor. They had to dig out of two holes tonight and never gave up.

A PG missing 4 straight free throws is definitely a cardinal sin. But somehow they won. With S Oldham and Collins both out, it’s anyones game now.

Yes. He shoots over 70%. First time with the pressure. Big win! Especially against a coach like Simpson. I have tremendous respect for that dude!

Spencer has a huge road block to overcome Friday Night. Horrible matchup for them. I do know they will leave everything on the floor. They had to dig out of two holes tonight and never gave up.

It’s also been a terrible matchup for Gallatin in both games. But who knows this time of year.