Beechwood 57 Lexington Catholic 56

Final from Model Laboratory HS

Heroes Classic

Cole Busald Player of the game for Beechwood 15 points 5 of 5 from 3.

Scott Draud 14

CJ Brannen 13 including the game winner.

For LexCath, Player of the game was Brice Scott with 8 points and 10 rebounds.

Ben Johnson had 16 and John Foulton had 11.

Good win for Beechwood, but I honestly thought they would roll LexCath. They did not look like Lexington Catholic’s of the past when they played CCH.

Beechwood will have to learn how to handle the press and cut down on turnovers, but still a good win. Pretty sure they are capable of playing a much better 32 minutes than they showed against Lex Cath.

Good win for Beechwood, but I honestly thought they would roll LexCath. They did not look like Lexington Catholic’s of the past when they played CCH.

It doesn't seem that long ago when I remember having conversations with Michael Miller when Beechwood was struggling to even win A NKAC Division II game.

How the worm has turned, as evidenced by the quoted post. Now it is no longer acceptable to merely beat Lexington Catholic by a point.

Team Goetz has done a remarkable job of elevating and developing this program to where it is today.

It doesn't seem that long ago when I remember having conversations with Michael Miller when Beechwood was struggling to even win A NKAC Division II game.

How the worm has turned, as evidenced by the quoted post. Now it is no longer acceptable to merely beat Lexington Catholic by a point.

Team Goetz has done a remarkable job of elevating and developing this program to where it is today.

Totally agree, and my comment was intended to augment how good Beechwood has become, not trivialize the win.