Oldham County 66 Spencer County 59

Oldham County won 66-59. It was an intense game. Oldham came out and immediatley started exploiting Spencer's size. Spencer County was down 17 early in second quarter. Then they seemed to figure some things out and came roaring back. Spencer County outplayed them the rest of the game but that initial 17 point hole was too much to overcome. I think Spencer County learned a lot from this game for the future. It was intense. Keep in mind Spencer County plays about 7 players. Four sophomores and a freshman in those six. Great learning game.

I was told game was not very close through. Oldham was missing a starter as well.

You were told wrong. The player your talking about shouldn't be allowed to return if what I heard is true. Get out and watch some games and then form your opinions. Spencer County will be just fine. Is there a younger team in the state? Four of the top 6 are 3 sophomores and one freshman. Yet they are competing against the top teams. They look like nothing warming up but when the game starts they compete.

You were told wrong. The player your talking about shouldn't be allowed to return if what I heard is true. Get out and watch some games and then form your opinions. Spencer County will be just fine. Is there a younger team in the state? Four of the top 6 are 3 sophomores and one freshman. Yet they are competing against the top teams. They look like nothing warming up but when the game starts they compete.

I was at different game, thanks. Seen Spencer quite a bit the past two years.

I was at different game, thanks. Seen Spencer quite a bit the past two years.

Different year. I noticed some people were bashing Spencer for losing to Franklin County last week. I noticed Franklin lost to Butler by 5. I thought I saw some preseason rankings having Butler winning their region? I just think people need to realize it's a new year. First week of the season. Let's see who is good before we make assumptions. I can tell you that Oldham County team I watched last night was pretty good. I don't care what they lost. They still have a bunch of seniors while Spencer County starts three sophomores and the freshman is getting starter minutes. Spencer County was right there at the end.

Franklin playing Butler to within five is a definite eyebrow-raiser....Courier-Journal has Butler #1 in the Sixth....

I think Spencer is going to be fine. I didn't see this game, but it sounds somewhat like last year's script. Oldham opened what turned out to be an insurmountable lead in the first half, only to see the Bears make it pretty close at the end.

Oldham only returns one starter from last year's Final Four team, so I thought this was a dangerous game for them this early, but one difference at OC is that even these four "newbies" in the starting rotation played a lot of varsity minutes as Coy Zerhusen usually rotates 10-11 players. And as a JV unit, they put together an impressive record.

I really think Spencer can beat a lot of older teams....if they have an achilles, it's going to be that lack of depth. Coach Burns has largely brought that South Oldham offense he worked with while an assistant to Coach Simpson at South, and height is not really an issue with that team. South hasn't had much in the way of height in years, but they've won 2 of the last 5 regions. (I know, last year they started players who were 6'7" ad 6'5" - but both were guards, and last year's roster was really tall by South's standards over the last 8-10 years ) Depth, however, very well could be, as the offensive/defensive philosophy demands fresh legs.

Wish I'd seen this one. Sounds like a great December game for the fans.