Highlands 77 Boone County 28

It's early, but I think this is the best Highlands team in a few years, when the rankings came out, i said Highlands will be moving up. Boone is really young with very little varsity experience and will improve.

Listerman is very good at what he does, and he has some talent to mix in as well. Are they contenders to win the 9th? No, but they should be a very good team that turns some heads this year.

Listerman is very good at what he does, and he has some talent to mix in as well. Are they contenders to win the 9th? No, but they should be a very good team that turns some heads this year.

This result, regardless of Boone's level of development (nearly 50 point margin), makes me excited to watch the Birds on Monday vs. CovCath.

Congrats to an improved Birds' team and Coach Listerman!

Good first win for the Birds. Should find out real quick how good the Birds are this year with Cov Cath, St Henry, Newport coming up within the next 2 weeks.

If they go...

0-3 against those schools, maybe they aren't as good as we thought.

1-2 against those schools, maybe they have a shot, if they make a few adjustments.

2-1 against those schools, this team is who we thought they were.

3-0 against those schools, they will burn down Ft Thomas. LOL

I personally see them beating a good St Henry team but taking L's to the other two schools(which many others will do as well)

Good luck this year to those boys!

Good first win for the Birds. Should find out real quick how good the Birds are this year with Cov Cath, St Henry, Newport coming up within the next 2 weeks.

If they go...

1-2 against those schools, maybe they have a shot, if they make a few adjustments.

I personally see them beating a good St Henry team but taking L's to the other two schools(which many others will do as well)

The Newport game could be the most telling and is the most important game of the three.

If they go...

What? No love for Ryle tonight?