Gallatin County 59 Holmes 58

mcpapa

Kind of what I expected from Holmes, new Coach, new style of play and very little varsity experience. Holmes just don't shoot the ball very well, at one time, I know they were 2 of 12 from three point land. On the positive side, this team played hard and played full court defense most of the night. Tico Pouncy is probably their best shooter and he just was not making his shots. Coach Carr and the staff worked hard coaching them all night, they had a chance at the buzzer, but missed two stick backs. This team will compete and play hard as they can, just Hope the Holmes faithful don't expect miricals because there is a new Head Coach. This team will improve each and every game and be fun to watch. Congrats to Gallatin County on an opening night win.

Kind of what I expected from Holmes, new Coach, new style of play and very little varsity experience. Holmes just don't shoot the ball very well, at one time, I know they were 2 of 12 from three point land. On the positive side, this team played hard and played full court defense most of the night. Tico Pouncy is probably their best shooter and he just was not making his shots. Coach Carr and the staff worked hard coaching them all night, they had a chance at the buzzer, but missed two stick backs. This team will compete and play hard as they can, just Hope the Holmes faithful don't expect miricals because there is a new Head Coach. This team will improve each and every game and be fun to watch. Congrats to Gallatin County on an opening night win.

All good points. First game of the year. Carr will have them playing strong by seasons end.

Gallatin was Gallatin, small, scrappy, and well coached. It will be a long season for the Bulldogs, enough said.

Enough said? I'm a bit confused. The other comments on here say Holmes didn't play the best game but you are already attributing that to their entire season already? You praise GC as scrappy and well coached and yet Holmes lost by one? Please elaborate on what you observed at the game to lead to this. No where near enough said.