Louisville Power Rankings 10/24

TheDeuce

1. 6A Saint Xavier (7-2)

The Tigers faced a tough Butler squad last Friday, and after a hard fought defensive battle, St. X secured the victory, 14-6, and won the district championship. QB Douglas Bodhaine passed for 128 yards and ran for a score as well. Anthony Moretti added 136 rushing yards and another score on the ground for the Tigers. They will finish their regular season this Friday as they travel to Cincinnati Saint Xavier.

2. 6A Male (9-1)

Male rebounded from their loss to St. X last week nicely, dominating their long time rival 6A Manual 48-0 to close out their regular season. QB Garrett Dennis led the way for the Bulldogs, going 9/13 for 164 yards and 3 TD's (Edison, Isom, Warner). Three other bulldogs added touchdowns on the ground for an overall balanced attack. Male is off this week before starting the playoffs next week.

3. 2A Christian Academy - Louisville (9-0)

As expected, 2A Washington County was no match for CAL, as the Centurions dispatched the Commanders 49-0 last week. Harrison Zimmerer carried the load, with 17 rushes for 173 yards and 3 TD's. Clayton Masters was 7/10 for 89 yards and two scores. CAL will finish their regular season this week, hosting 2A Bullitt East.

4. 2A DeSales (8-1)

Austin Pierce only completed four passes, but three of them went for scores, and DeSales handled 2A Shawnee 41-0 last Friday, in a game where many DeSales reserves saw significant playing time, and played with a running clock from the opening kick. The Colts will wrap up their regular season on Friday, as they host 5A Southern.

5. 6A Butler (7-3)

The Bears couldn't get much going offensively, and their hopes for a district championship vanished as they dropped their regular season finale to 6A Saint Xavier 14-6. QB Chaz Burks threw 13/21 for 106 yards, 1TD/2INT. Demontae Crumes added 68 receiving yards and the lone score for Butler. They are off this week and await the start of the playoffs.

6. 5A South Oldham (8-1)

The offensive attack of the Dragons was certainly one-sided, as they only attempted two passes for the game on their way to a 50-20 win over 5A North Bullitt. Keaton Marton led the rushing attack, running for 188 yards on 15 attempts for 2 TD's. South travels to 4A Shelby County to close out their regular season.

7. 5A Oldham County (8-1)

Another week, and another impressive showing by Lucas Jones, as OC handled 5A Bullitt East 52-0. Jones rushed 147 yards on 14 attempts and three scores. Parker Caudill, Juan Tapia, Sam Young and Jackson Deckard also found their way to the end zone for the Colonels. They will finish their regular season this week traveling to 6A Jeffersontown.

8. 6A Trinity (4-6)

Despite an 0-5 start, Trinity was able to bring home another district title, squeaking out a 19-14 victory over 6A Ballard. Carter Martin and Geremiah Smith both rushed for scores for the Rocks, and Sebastian Mata also added two field goals. Trinity is off this week as they prepare for the playoffs.

9. 4A Moore (8-1)

For the first time since 1984, the Moore Mustangs have reached eight wins in a season, defeating 4A John Hardin 34-7, claiming the district title. Rae Von Vaden went 10/18 for 130 yards and two scores to lead the Mustangs. Larry Johnson and Dewayne Cameron both rushed for touchdowns in the victory as well. Moore will host 3A Henry County this Friday to close out their regular season.

10. 6A North Hardin (6-3)

North racked up 437 total yards of offense on their way to dominating cross town rival Central Hardin 47-7 last week. Six different Trojans found their way to the end zone on the night, including a fumble returned for a touchdown by Lorenzo Lovejoy. NH will travel to 5A Doss to close out their regular season.

Trends:

Not much change this week, so no real trends. 9/10 teams won this week with no upsets, and the one loss in the group came to the #1 team in the Power Rankings.

Game of the Week: 6A Saint Xavier vs. Cincinnati Saint Xavier

No real "big games" this week in the area, so even though this one features an out of state team, it certainly is the most intriguing game scheduled for this week featuring local teams. The Tigers just secured a district championship, while Cincy St. X will need a win to be eligible for the Ohio playoffs. The Tigers will be traveling to Cincinnati, which is sure to be quite the environment considering the magnitude of the game for Cincy X. Will the Tigers rest key players to prepare for a playoff run, or will it be business as usual?

Last Week's GOTW: 6A St. Xavier 14 6A Butler 6

As expected, this was a very low scoring affair, as both teams have shown just how stubborn their defenses can be over the course of the year. In the end, St. X proved to be the better team and secured the district title.

Player of the Week: RB Lavell Wright, North Hardin

25 carries

196 yards

3 TD

From what I’m hearing, some St.X players are going to be held out this Friday. QB Doug Bodhaine may not play and also LB Patrick Owen. Owen was involved in big hit against Butler and though passed concussion protocol, probably good idea to leave him out this week.

From what I’m hearing, some St.X players are going to be held out this Friday. QB Doug Bodhaine may not play and also LB Patrick Owen. Owen was involved in big hit against Butler and though passed concussion protocol, probably good idea to leave him out this week.

If I'm Wallace, I bench the majority of my starters, and none of them play in the second half, regardless of the outcome.

This is why I wish this game wasn’t the last one; injuries are part of the game but there isn’t much to gain if you’re the Tigers. I hope Bodhaine at least starts because he needs to get all the game reps he can, maybe play the first quarter. But if anyone is dinged up sit them and let them heal.

Butler, with 3 losses, is an interesting team. I think they could pull a few upsets in the playoffs. They were very competitive even in their losses. They hung with Male most of that game, and held X to 14. I'll keep my eye on them.

Agreed.

Butler, with 3 losses, is an interesting team. I think they could pull a few upsets in the playoffs. They were very competitive even in their losses. They hung with Male most of that game, and held X to 14. I'll keep my eye on them.

Butler is solid team and if anyone sleeps on them they will get beat.

If anyone really thought I was actually talking about betting on a high school game, my apologies. I was making the point that I believe Trinity would win a head to head with most of the teams ranked ahead of them.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but haven’t they already lost to two of the teams ranked ahead of them? So far they are 0 for in this list. There best win was a squeaker against the 45th ranked team in the state.