Bishop Brossart 6 Newport 2

It was pouring buckets last night, I can’t compare for today. As for the drainage issue, to me it seems like it would have to do with the creek backing up to fast and thus keeping the water from draining. That’s an assumption I have, could drain somewhere else?

As far as the game, that is extremely low scoring. Any more in depth details? Each team keep it on the ground the whole time? With that kind of score how fast was the game played?

I will provide more details when I get home later, but the Mustangs scored at the start of the second quarter on a 38 yards pass play from Tyler MacDonald to Brady Kramer.

In the third quarter, Brossart intercepted a Newport pass at their goal line and then were tackled in the end zone two plays later for the safety.

Newport threatened often, but the Brossart defense always came up with the big play. Two huge mis-snaps also contributed to the Wildcat's demise.

Some of our older NKY posters may remember the same score in a Dayton/Russellville state final.

Coach Ray King was my neighbor. When I was a kid I walked through his yard and saw the Dayton Greendevils state champs license place on his car. It offended my five year old sense of geography that he'd drive to Dayton, Ohio to coach. :idunno::D