New Golf Pet Peeve

PP1

Fox Run in Kenton County. Went yesterday for the first time. IT kicked my butt. What courses do you abhor? Devou?

I don’t mind tough courses, but Fox Run is not a fun kind of hard. Good shots don’t get rewarded, and lots of sidehill lies. Not to mention, the last few times I’ve been there, it’s been in horrible shape, although it’s been a few years since I’ve played it.

I play 9 holes every week for about 16 weeks minus the weeks I miss for work. I may play in one scramble a year. I play at fox run in my league. The place sucks. rjs nailed it. We have looked for other places to play and haven’t found one that will take as good of care of us as they do. I’ve been in the league for close to 20years. We tee off when we get there and only pay for those that show.

I don’t mind tough courses, but Fox Run is not a fun kind of hard. Good shots don’t get rewarded, and lots of sidehill lies. Not to mention, the last few times I’ve been there, it’s been in horrible shape, although it’s been a few years since I’ve played it.

Same, hate Fox Run.

Many, many years ago I would meet up with a former co-worker each fall around my birthday, and for a couple of years we'd play a round at Sugar Bay in Warsaw. The course itself was okay, but the leaves. Good Lord, I can't tell you how many balls we lost that were hit down the middle of the fairway that we couldn't find! The leaves were the size of catcher's mitts and everywhere. Buying a round and a cart should've come with a leaf blower. I have never had more frustrating rounds of playing good golf than the two years we played there.

The toughest course I've played is Bethpage. But while it's really tough, it is fair. It's not tricked up, good shots do reward you etc. The white tees play at about 6700 yards, and the reds play to about 6200. Unless you're a single digit handicap, most people should swallow their pride and play from the short tees.

In this area, the course I hate the most (besides Fox Run), is Flagg Springs. An absolute goat track.

I haven't golfed in about 4 years. But back when I did, I played Highland Country Club pretty regular back when I used to work there. The back nine is as tough as it gets, but again I don't play a lot.

HHC is a goat path....especially the back 9.

Not a pet peeve, but I’m really sad to see how awful Northern Kentucky Golf Club (Old Pendleton) is currently. They have a change in greens keepers a while back and it really shows. Used to be one of, if not the nicest track in NKY. It’s nearly as bad as Flagg now.

Rumors is they fired the new guy so we’ll see what happens now.

Not a pet peeve, but I’m really sad to see how awful Northern Kentucky Golf Club (Old Pendleton) is currently. They have a change in greens keepers a while back and it really shows. Used to be one of, if not the nicest track in NKY. It’s nearly as bad as Flagg now.

I wonder how much of that is on the greens keeper, and how much is on the course not wanting to spend money.

The toughest course I've played is Bethpage. But while it's really tough, it is fair. It's not tricked up, good shots do reward you etc. The white tees play at about 6700 yards, and the reds play to about 6200. Unless you're a single digit handicap, most people should swallow their pride and play from the short tees.

In this area, the course I hate the most (besides Fox Run), is Flagg Springs. An absolute goat track.

Flagg Springs is now called Twin Bridges. I had never played there until yesterday. Some parts weren't bad, some parts were bad. The frustrating for me was that what appeared to be good shots would lead to lost golf balls.

To add to the pet peeves though, yesterday there was a two-some in front of us that was sharing the same set of clubs. Took forever for the two of them to play.