Cardinals at Reds (7/23 - 7/25)

With the Reds struggling after the All-Star break, I have been called up from the minors to open this thread. Time to end this losing streak now.

Scheduled starters:

7/23 - 7:10 PM - Daniel Poncedeleon vs Luis Castillo

7/24 - 7:10 PM - Austin Gomber vs Homer Bailey

7/25 - 12:35 PM - Jack Flaherty vs Sal Romano

Homer? Did somebody say Homer? :facepalm:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully coming off the mat like that can get them on the same track they were on prior to the break. It would be nice to get Schebler back tomorrow. I wish I could feel good about Homer being back on the bump tonight. Let's cross our fingers. The Reds face another rookie tonight and I guess given their track record with first time appearances for opposing pitchers it's safe to assume they won't hit. I doubt that Homer will give us a start like Castillo, albeit less than 6 innings again. At least the staff kept Carpenter in the yard last night.

What's the chance Homer gives up a run during the first inning tonight? I'm putting it at about 75%.

I am hoping that he goes out and pitches into the 7th or 8th inning. With the impending trade of Harvey, Homer will be the next man up. Still waiting for Bob Stephenson to get one more shot at making it at the major league level.

The next 7 days could be very interesting for this team in regards to what they do with some of their trade pieces.