Cardinals at Reds (7/23 - 7/25)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really questioning a couple of moves that Rigglemen made tonight but since I was at the game I couldn't hear any of the broadcast to know if they were justified or not. The 1st move was not walking Munoz with 1st base open and Fowler on 2nd with 2 outs in the 7th. The pitcher was on deck and Shildt would have either had to pull his pitcher with a no hitter going or let him hit. I force Shildt to make that decision every day. The 2nd was pinch hitting a cold Barnhart in the 11th with 2 on and 1 out with a hot hitting Winker on the bench. Was Winker not available to hit?

Really questioning a couple of moves that Rigglemen made tonight but since I was at the game I couldn't hear any of the broadcast to know if they were justified or not. The 1st move was not walking Munoz with 1st base open and Fowler on 2nd with 2 outs in the 7th. The pitcher was on deck and Shildt would have either had to pull his pitcher with a no hitter going or let him hit. I force Shildt to make that decision every day. The 2nd was pinch hitting a cold Barnhart in the 11th with 2 on and 1 out with a hot hitting Winker on the bench. Was Winker not available to hit?

I saw on the Reds site that Winker was out with a sore shoulder so that answers my one concern about that decision.

The important question is "Do they spend and tip?"

Let's put it this way. I was working on the third base line and decided to get out of dodge because the beer sales were so slow. Went and worked on the first base line instead.

They are all too busy keeping their score sheet to drink beers haha!

I'd love him to pitch amazing too.

He pitched well last night, be nice if we got a lot more of that.

Is it just me or does it seem like Homer gets the short end of the “no offense to back him up stick” more than any Reds pitcher since he’s been there. It’s crazy to me how often he seems to pitch pretty well and doesn’t get a win.

Is it just me or does it seem like Homer gets the short end of the “no offense to back him up stick” more than any Reds pitcher since he’s been there. It’s crazy to me how often he seems to pitch pretty well and doesn’t get a win.

Always been that way.

He might but he also had a plus 6 era going into last night.