St. Xavier 10 Highlands 6 (KHSAA State Championship)

Just as i predicted back in April the Tigers take state. I don’t know what i find more perplexing, the Tigers winning state so many times, or Trinity never winning state. I can think of only one state finals they made it to, and lost. Great job Saint Xavier. Well deserved.

Congratulations to both teams! X is on a roll. Kudos to Highlands...a smaller enrollment but a state power in a number of sports every year.

Fort Thomas City Population of 16,500 vs 615,000 in Metro Louisville

Highlands has won state titles in a number of sports over the years since the school was founded in 1888. Its biggest accomplishment is its ranking in the states academic record.

Nope, I strongly disagree. It's the same for all high school championship games. The winner takes it all. Otherwise, when spectator's aren't happy with the results, when does it become 3 out of 5, etc. It's a long grueling season, and the Teams know going in, it's one and done for the championship. The players, and coaches deserve season finality. It's great the way it is !

Nope, I strongly disagree. It's the same for all high school championship games. The winner takes it all. Otherwise, when spectator's aren't happy with the results, when does it become 3 out of 5, etc. It's a long grueling season, and the Teams know going in, it's one and done for the championship. The players, and coaches deserve season finality. It's great the way it is !

I wouldn't be opposed to 2 out 3. It's not about spectators not liking the result. And due to time and calendar restraints, you'll never see a 3 out of 5. It eliminates the flukiness of baseball, and gives a better measure of who is the better team, as it exposes pitching depth (or lack thereof). The problem is it further widens the gap between large and small schools. I believe there are a few states that do best 2 of 3 through parts of the playoffs.

As you say, and with all do respect, it is about the "flukiness of the game". If the problem is really about big schools vs. small schools, then address that issue alone. Adding games won't solve the issue(s). FYI, it is kinda about liking the results. When you win, the playoff system is just fine. When you don't, then things could be done to improve the system. IMO, things are just fine the way they are. Maybe, just maybe, the small school vs. the big school issue should be addressed to even things out "competition wise".