Reds at Pirates 4/5 - 4/8

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it is early but I really like the top 4 in the rotation. I think Castillo will get it together and have a very good season. Mahle and Castillo both have a chance to be top of the rotation guys.

Votto strikes out again with two on and two out. No HR and no RBI's so far. I know he struggles in April but WHY?? Pete Rose could hit in April.

He looks lost and like hes guessing. He is reaching for pitches. We will just have to deal with it till he figures it out.

Votto strikes out again with two on and two out. No HR and no RBI's so far. I know he struggles in April but WHY?? Pete Rose could hit in April.

It’s rumored that Pete may have had a better supporting cast around him for what’s it worth. Some guys start off cold and get better as year goes on, some cool down and wear out.

I will say that Perazza and Hamilton better hit in next few weeks or time to be done with it.

It’s rumored that Pete may have had a better supporting cast around him for what’s it worth. Some guys start off cold and get better as year goes on, some cool down and wear out.

I will say that Perazza and Hamilton better hit in next few weeks or time to be done with it.

Why give them a few weeks. Hamilton has not hit for 3 plus years, time to move on from the trainwreck. If Peraza had better plate discipline, I think he would be okay. He for the most part will put the ball in play.

Is there any player in baseball off to a worse start to the season than Jose Peraza? Just got his first hit of the season tonight and not making plays at SS defensively. I never thought I would be asking for Pennington to get starts at SS.

Perazza is in way over his head. Lost at the plate and a below average shortstop. Not that Pennington is the long term answer but I would feel better about him getting some starts. He showed off a pretty good glove the other day and looks like he can give some pretty good at bats.

A major league team can not have two bats like Hamilton and Perazza in the lineup and expect to win.

Perazza is in way over his head. Lost at the plate and a below average shortstop. Not that Pennington is the long term answer but I would feel better about him getting some starts. He showed off a pretty good glove the other day and looks like he can give some pretty good at bats.

A major league team can not have two bats like Hamilton and Perazza in the lineup and expect to win.

Correct considering the pitcher also has to bat. The pitcher basically only has to face 6 guys every time through the order.

I am done with the Hamilton freak show, time to set the outfield at 3 spots and use Phillip Ervin as the fourth. Also believe that Nick Senzel will be here sooner rather than later. Totally disagree with the whole not bring him up to save a year of control.

Heck last year we had to suffer through Stuart Turner because of Rule 5 and then this year he gets moved off the 40 man. The front office has no clue what they are trying to do IMO.