Reds at Pirates 4/5 - 4/8

Goodness gracious guys. We're 5 games into a 162 game season.

Votto will be Votto. He's (arguably) the best pure hitter to ever put on a Reds uniform. I think he's earned a little more than 5 games to get himself going.

Bailey was great Opening Day and had one rough inning last night. Even the game's best have bad innings or starts.

It's early, no need for the doom and gloom and panic.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct considering the pitcher also has to bat. The pitcher basically only has to face 6 guys every time through the order.

I am done with the Hamilton freak show, time to set the outfield at 3 spots and use Phillip Ervin as the fourth. Also believe that Nick Senzel will be here sooner rather than later. Totally disagree with the whole not bring him up to save a year of control.

Heck last year we had to suffer through Stuart Turner because of Rule 5 and then this year he gets moved off the 40 man. The front office has no clue what they are trying to do IMO.

Why, oh why would you give up a full year of team control of one of the top prospects in baseball to bring him up 3 weeks earlier in an lost season? Especially when he's learning a new position? Is winning 71 games instead of 70 games worth it? You can disagree with it all you want but management is 100% correct to keep Senzel down in AAA right now.

Why, oh why would you give up a full year of traitraining team control of one of the top prospects in baseball to bring him up 3 weeks earlier in an lost season? Especially when he's learning a new position? Is winning 71 games instead of 70 games worth it? You can disagree with it all you want but management is 100% correct to keep Senzel down in AAA right now.

If you think that this team/organization is even remotely close to competing at a high level then give me some of what you are drinking please. I am all about putting a "winning" product on the field and having Billy Hamilton in the lineup more than 1 time a week is not doing that.

This team is not even competitive most nights because the lineup is so "weak".

If you think that this team/organization is even remotely close to competing at a high level then give me some of what you are drinking please. I am all about putting a "winning" product on the field and having Billy Hamilton in the lineup more than 1 time a week is not doing that.

The lineup hasn't been the problem the last couple years. It's been the lack of pitching.

I'm confused. I don't think I mentioned anything about the team being ready to compete at a high level or even Billy Hamilton for that matter. In fact, I called it a lost season. My question to you, which you didn't address at all, is why you would bring Senzel up and void a year of team control on a 70 win team. He should stay in the minors long enough to gain that extra year of control and honestly long enough to get comfortable in the middle infield.

Votto will be Votto. He's (arguably) the best pure hitter to ever put on a Reds uniform. I think he's earned a little more than 5 games to get himself going.

Bailey was great Opening Day and had one rough inning last night. Even the game's best have bad innings or starts.

This isn’t a great team, but geesh it’s 5 games.

Why, oh why would you give up a full year of team control of one of the top prospects in baseball to bring him up 3 weeks earlier in an lost season? Especially when he's learning a new position? Is winning 71 games instead of 70 games worth it? You can disagree with it all you want but management is 100% correct to keep Senzel down in AAA right now.

Not even debatable.

They were in the top half of the league in runs scored last year.

They were in the top half of the league in runs scored last year.

Not quite top half but close. They were 8th out of 15 teams so they were pretty much exactly average. Maybe a little bit below average given that they play half of their games in a bandbox and are so homerun-centric. Their offense isn't a strength but the pitching is a much bigger issue.

Gotta think the weather has some to do with that. They go from 80 and sunny to 40 and cold for 3 weeks, but yes its early.

Not quite top half but close. They were 8th out of 15 teams so they were pretty much exactly average. Maybe a little bit below average given that they play half of their games in a bandbox and are so homerun-centric. Their offense isn't a strength but the pitching is a much bigger issue.

14 out of 30 in all of baseball is what I was using, but yeah about average either way. Point is that's not the problem.

Votto gets a hit and takes it away with one of his brain farts on the base paths. Scooter hits a blooper to left, right in front of Votto and with a man on second and gets doubled off. Don't know where his head is at sometimes.