If you combined programs from two geographically close schools...

Figured it might be something fun to think about. If you combined two football programs from two schools that are both located in nearby areas, geographically, which combined program would dominate the class that they compete in?

1) No private schools. That makes it too obvious.

2) "Geographically close" means close enough that it wouldn't be unreasonable for students to ACTUALLY make the drive every day to attend the school. Call it within 20 miles or so, or at the very least, immediately adjacent counties.

3) Schools will compete in the larger class size that they are currently located in. That is to say, if you theoretically combined 3A Bardstown with 5A Nelson County, the new combined program would compete in 5A.

4) Points for coming up with a combined name for the new school and/or a new team mascot.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s the third response post and I’m ignoring your ground rules because I want to.

The DeSales-Christian Academy Louisville Knights of Ecumenical Inter-Denominational Relations will be a force in 2A ball.

Now carry on.

Somerset and Pulaski County, already less than 1 mile apart.

The Somersetski Maroon Jumpers would be a tough out in 5A...it would be helpful to send a few kids from Pulaski to Southwestern and let Somersetski play in 4A!!!

Didn't realize there was much of a Polish contingent down around that way. :lol2: :lol2:

gchs_uk9 said:
I'd say they'd be 5A for sure!

Numbers wise, sure. But JC is still 4A and, apparently, they'll remain 4A after the realignment. According to CWB's rules, the consolidated Johnson Central High School would still be 4A. Scary thought.