Garrard County 62 Lincoln County 57

Really nice win for Garrard. Lions led from the middle of the second period on, although it was dicey a couple of times.

Brayden Sebastian led the Lions with 20 points while Charles Jones had 15. Both have improved tremendously as post players.

Blake Smith had 24 points including six three-pointers for Lincoln. Chase Phillips had 19.

Really fun high school basketball game!

Really nice win for Garrard. Lions led from the middle of the second period on, although it was dicey a couple of times.

Brayden Sebastian led the Lions with 20 points while Charles Jones had 15. Both have improved tremendously as post players.

Blake Smith had 24 points including six three-pointers for Lincoln. Chase Phillips had 19.

Really fun high school basketball game!

Agreed, Jones is very raw and barely played in middle school. I hope this puts away the narrative of "it's garrard, here comes an easy win". Coach played for Jackson and coached under Adams. Two pretty good ones to learn from!

Great win for Garrard County! Big confidence builder at the right time. I can’t lie, I’m super happy for Coach Young. He knows this rivalry as much as anyone can from this area. I know this win means a lot to him. Congrats to Coach Young and the Garrard County Lions! I see y’all.

What advantage is there to being the 2-seed instead of the 3-seed? Just curious Thanks!

2 and 3 doesn't really matter other than what color of jersey you wear. Lincoln, Garrard, and Danville all seem pretty even (at least if you're just looking at scores). Based on the way Boyle went through the district regular season, I don't think anyone would choose to be the 4-seed.

Nice victory for Garrard. Makes the rematch with Danville and the Danville-Lincoln game very important for those #2 and #3 seeds in the district.

All true. A Lincoln win over Garrard tonight would have made it all but academic. Now both Danville games have huge implications for the Admirals and the Golden Lions.

Boyle has shown to be clear cut favorite, so these remaining games are upmost importance. I'm happy for Coach as well, but if you asked him he knows it's all about the players finishing.

I feel that. I’m a big Justin Preston fan. I know when Garrard County has success he usually plays a big part in their success. It’s been fun to watch him grow as a player from middle school to high school.

I’ll definitely be at the Garrard County/Danville game next Wednesday.

Lions roar at Lincoln for first district win | The Advocate-Messenger

Braden Sebastian is a player folks need to keep an eye on. Kid can hoop and is going to be a stud for Garrard County. He’s a already a problem for opposing 45th District teams.

Again, huge win for the Lions and like Coach Young said, this is a program building win for Garrard County. A win like this pays dividends in the future. Congrats to the Lions and Coach Young.