Jo Jo White Died This Week. Anyone Remember Him?

I didn't see a thread on his passing so I thought I'd mention it. Jo Jo died on Tuesday at the age of 71. What I remember most about him was how durable he was, how fundamentally sound he was, and what a high basketball IQ he had.

Jo Jo , Kansas grad, helped the Celtics to two NBA titles , was a 7-time All-Star, a Finals MVP, and led the 1968 U.S. Olympic team to a 9-0 record and a gold medal finish. His #10 jersey was retired by the Celtics, for whom he set a franchise record of 488 consecutive games played. He was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball HOF in 2015.

Not only was Jo Jo a great basketball player, he was a great athlete. In addition to being the first round draft pick of the Celtics in 1969, he was also drafted by the Dallas Cowboys and the Cincinnati Reds. He was also drafted one other time- to serve in the military. He served in the United States Marine Corps.

Anyone besides me remember watching Jo Jo White lead those great Celtics' teams of the seventies, along with Cowens and Havlicek ?