Winter Weather threat for Monday/Tuesday

nWo

Our next chance for some accumulating snow will come Monday evening into Tuesday morning. After a warmup on Monday that could have temps in the mid to upper 30s a cold air mass(Alberta Clipper) will move in late on Monday. This should cause some precipitation to fall. Some of it will start off as rain before it changes over to all snow. Light accumulations are expected. Generally 1-3". Temps look to be frigid for the week. Some may see lows below zero by Wednesday morning.

Update later today

32-nodither-iloveimg-compressed.gif

Edited by nWo

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I believe more in your forecasts than I do the weather forecasters. We are lucky to have you. Looking forward to the next update.

Going to try and leave for Florida Wed. or Thur.

Thanks for the compliment. Let me know what part of Florida and I'll watch the weather for you there.

Edited by nWo

No real changes from this mornings outlook. Here's a look at possible accumulations before the snow exit out of EKY late Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning. My first official call will be in the morning.

90.jpg

Sunday morning update.

This is my first call for snow for Monday/Tuesday. After some possible snow showers in the morning. The main round of snow will come early Monday afternoon. The Cincinnati/NKY, WKY, and Louisville areas should see the initial new snow accumulations. WKY could see 2-4" of snow by early evening on Monday. Louisville around an inch. Cincinnati/NKY 1-3" by this same time. The snow will move southeast across Kentucky. For now, it looks like some may not even get much accumulation as the accumulations look to be spotty at best.

Total accumulations by the time the snow ends on Tuesday looks as follows. 1-3 inches from around I-64 northward by Tuesday morning. Parts of WKY could get 3-6" with some spots may be getting 7". There is an area in southern Kentucky that could also 3-5". This looks to be between Bowling Green and Somerset. Parts of SEKY are looking at 1-3"

Temps look to be in the single digits by Tuesday morning with windchill being from -3 to -7 below zero. Highs only reaching the mid-teens.

Things could change so check back later today for updates.

snku_acc.us_ov.png

nWo, what do you predict for timing on Monday for the Louisville area? I have an appointment in the 'Ville at 11 am. Should only last an hour.

Looks like early afternoon maybe around 1-2 pm for it to start. Maybe some light snow showers before the posible main snow is to start.