Cooper 57 Rocky River (NC) 47

I was told Rocky River was beyond physical to borderline dirty with their play.

Anyone?

Very physical, yes, but I wouldn't say they played dirty.

Their trash-talking, language, reactions to calls and some intimidation attempts - disappointing to see for a talented team that was otherwise fun to watch. They cleaned it up a bit after a couple of 1st half T's, though.

Very solid performance from the JAGS these last two weeks. 3rd place finish in the KOB by taking down Covington Catholic and being crown Champions of the Traditional Bank Holiday Classic. They were tested in nearly every way possible. Played big strong teams, played quick aggressive teams, played poorly a few games and still found ways to win. Just what you want out of tournaments this time of year. Now it is time to get the boys home and healed up and ready for the second half of the season. They have proven to everyone who is the best in the 9th to this point in the season, but we now have the second half to play and this is where it counts. Place your bets boys!

Led by Jaden Springer...consensus 5* and #7 player in the country for 2020.

Jaden Springer, Rocky River, Shooting Guard

I believe the Jags held him to 11 points. Maybe if Rocky River worked harder on their game instead of their smack talk and intimidation tactics that the Jags were not having any of it they could be a better team. I blame it on their head coach. Thank goodness that the Jags have a coach with integrity in Tim Sullivan that teaches his team to respect all opponents win or lose.