Three Danville Players Earn Walk-on Offers from Kentucky

Wireman

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question? How many preferred walk ons are still on the UK roster at this time? I have not heard anything over the past couple seasons about guys moving on to game day rosters. I am aware of the Hopewell kid from Danville in the early to mid 2000's and how he played special teams. Can anyone give us some other examples etc?

Question is this IMO, accept a PWO at a D1 school or accept a full ride at D2 and/or NAIA? Money talks.

Also why are these kids only offered PWO's and not full scholarships? Kentucky has certainly made more than their fair share of mistakes when it comes to judging in-state talent. See the Elam kid as reason number 1 and he is just one in a long line of blunders that staff has made.

Question is this IMO, accept a PWO at a D1 school or accept a full ride at D2 and/or NAIA? Money talks.

Also why are these kids only offered PWO's and not full scholarships? Kentucky has certainly made more than their fair share of mistakes when it comes to judging in-state talent. See the Elam kid as reason number 1 and he is just one in a long line of blunders that staff has made.

All three of those guys are fantastic players, congrats. UK visiting Collin Hartmann from Somerset as well (6'5 260 DE) i'm told, we'll see how that goes. Vancleave can play for anyone with that speed, I am SO glad he's graduating!

D2 and NAIA very rarely offer full rides in football. Maybe a 25-50% tuition coverage. It would cost about the same to walk on at one of the public in state universities as it would be to accept a partial ride at say Georgetown, campbellsville etc. This is assuming that no academic offers or government grants are included. The difference is an opportunity at playing time.

Now if these guys don’t get a full ride from an D1-FCS school somewhere then something is wrong. These OVC schools in the area need to offer these guys.