Houston Astros are World Champs!

Glad to see the Astros win. Perhaps the most fun team to watch in all of baseball and have 3 of the best young players in the game. Hopefully they can keep them all together. Congrats to any Astros fans, closet Astros fan, American League fans, and all baseball fans because if these past two years are any indication, baseball is back.

Glad to see the Astros win. Perhaps the most fun team to watch in all of baseball and have 3 of the best young players in the game. Hopefully they can keep them all together. Congrats to any Astros fans, closet Astros fan, American League fans, and all baseball fans because if these past two years are any indication, baseball is back.

They lose Beltrán which would be amazing if he retired and became the bench coach with Cora going to manage the Red Sox. They also lose Maybin, Liriano, Gregerson and someone else but they return everyone else. Giles needs to figure out his ms talk thing but besides that they should be fun to watch next year. Going through those 3 100 lost seasons is so worth winning the WS. The City of Houston needed this with the destruction from Harvey.

A very entertaining World Series and good for the Astros.

I was thinking this morning, how many millions of dollars were lost by Yu Darvish in this World Series. He is a free agent and had pitched masterfully when he came to the Dodgers back in the summer. His two starts in the World Series were abysmal.

I would say the difference in what he gets offered in free agency versus what he could have been offered had he pitched in the series as well as he had for the Dodgers during the regular season might be tens of millions.

I was thinking this morning, how many millions of dollars were lost by Yu Darvish in this World Series. He is a free agent and had pitched masterfully when he came to the Dodgers back in the summer. His two starts in the World Series were abysmal.

I would say the difference in what he gets offered in free agency versus what he could have been offered had he pitched in the series as well as he had for the Dodgers during the regular season might be tens of millions.

Game 3 was his first game in his entire career that he failed to go at least 3 innings and strike out at least 1 batter. Last night, was his second. I think his ERA for the series was over 21.

If you're a Sports Illustrated subscriber, you might want to look through your past issues. This cover...from 2014!!!...is going to be worth some jack now.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64426[/ATTACH]

Fix. Someone, somewhere is now going to start a conspiracy theory about how this World Series was fixed by Sports Illustrated.

:lol2:

Fix. Someone, somewhere is now going to start a conspiracy theory about how this World Series was fixed by Sports Illustrated.

:lol2:

In fairness, I think I read somewhere this morning that one of their covers from THIS year, had the Astros winning 91 games, but losing to the Red Sox in the playoffs.

If you're a Sports Illustrated subscriber, you might want to look through your past issues. This cover...from 2014!!!...is going to be worth some jack now.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64426[/ATTACH]

I remember reading this article. They had a plan and stuck with it and then added some veterans this past year to finish the product. They are set to be successful for several years.

A very entertaining World Series and good for the Astros.

Game 3 was his first game in his entire career that he failed to go at least 3 innings and strike out at least 1 batter. Last night, was his second. I think his ERA for the series was over 21.

They were talking this morning that it came out the Astros had picked up on his Slider, he was tipping that pitch when he threw it and they were sitting on it.

Scary thing is they have Altuve (27), Bregman (23), Correa (23), Fisher (24), Gonzalez (28), and Springer (28) either in the middle or not yet in their primes.

Add in elite prospect Kyle Tucker (20), who is close to MLB ready and this offense is going to be potent for quite a while.