Let's Trade Andy

NFL Trade Rumors: ESPN offers scenarios to deal Andy Dalton at NFL Trade Deadline - Cincy Jungle

The trade deadline is fast approaching, and we have already seen a flurry of moves that are uncharacteristic of a usual NFL trade deadline. Usually it is nothing but speculation like this article from ESPN of trades that should happen.

The Bengals made a special appearance in this post as they suggested two teams should trade for Andy Dalton. To be fair both of these trades are filed away under “Four franchise-altering QB trades from Fantasy Land,” but it is interesting Dalton is involved in two of the four.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I am more pro-Dalton than most people, but I would not trade Andy for a 2nd and 5th. Franchise QB's are way too hard to find. I remember the David Klingler, Jay Schroeder, Jeff Blake, Paul Justin, Neil O'Donnell, Akili Smith, Scott Mitchell, etc. era. way too vividly.

I know I am more pro-Dalton than most people, but I would not trade Andy for a 2nd and 5th. Franchise QB's are way too hard to find. I remember the David Klingler, Jay Schroeder, Jeff Blake, Paul Justin, Neil O'Donnell, Akili Smith, Scott Mitchell, etc. era. way too vividly.

Agreed, couldn’t have said it better..

In fact, let’s trade McCarron... I’m sick of hearing how great he is, when we’ve seen him in pre-season, regular season and post season games being nothing special whatsoever.

In fact, let’s trade McCarron... I’m sick of hearing how great he is, when we’ve seen him in pre-season, regular season and post season games being nothing special whatsoever.

New England traded their back up for a second round pick.

Let's say we would have traded McCarron before either of the last 2 drafts for a third, fourth, or fifth round pick (really any round) that we used on an offensive lineman. Wouldn't that be nice right about now when we are getting ready to fact the NFL leaders in sacks? :D

Bengals tried to trade McCarron to the Browns today (per Adam Schefter) but couldn't finalize the deal.

Me too. For numerous reasons. One being that we get something back for AJ. Two because it means the team is committing to Dalton.

ESPN1530 just said the teams thought they got the deal in on time but just missed the deadline.

Typical Browns and Bengals... lol! Missed the deadline... I’d say it’s unbelievable, but it’s sadly very believable...

No comment.

That wasn’t directed at you... I’ll mention you or quote u when I’m debating you... it was actually that I’m tired of hearing from friends in person that McCarron is great...

you’ve never said McCarron is great, just that you’re ready to find out... there’s a difference.