It is time for the Marvin Lewis era to end in Cincinnati

Paul Zeise: It is time for the Marvin Lewis era to end in Cincinnati | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

There were players laughing, joking and having a good old time in this locker room after the game. The star linebacker had many jokes and told them loudly to the delight of some of his teammates and they laughed and joked right back at him.

That was the Bengals locker room at Heinz Field Sunday and that is surprising because they had just lost. I can only imagine how turned up that locker room is after a win. I’m assuming they bust out the disco ball, cigars and cognac and have dance offs.

You want exhibit A as to why the Bengals are the Bengals, there it was Sunday after their 29-14 loss to the Steelers. The Bengals had just gotten punked in every way imaginable by their bitter rivals but nobody in the locker room seemed to care.

This is a small snapshot, I get it, but it is an important one as it gives a lot of insight into the culture of the Bengals under Marvin Lewis. They are undisciplined and have apparently accepted mediocrity. They seem more interested in talking trash and telling jokes than playing winning football.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't really argue much of that. Except for the part that said Burfict isn't really a good player. Burifct does stupid stuff that gets himself in trouble. However he definitely is a very good player. However all this extra stuff he does, doesn't allow people to see that. All they see is his extra stuff.

Other than that he is right on. I think the Bengals have accepted they won't beat the Steelers. It comes from lack of leadership from coach Lewis. The two most important leadership roles on a team is head coach and qb and neither is a leader or holds people accountable.

Thats such a tough question, but the Bengals don't usually branch out from the family tree very often. I'd imagine if the Bengals decided to sack Marvin the first call would be to Hue Jackson.

That would be my fear if I were a Bengal fan. They need to move as far away from the family tree as possible, or nothing is going to change IMO.

Thats such a tough question, but the Bengals don't usually branch out from the family tree very often. I'd imagine if the Bengals decided to sack Marvin the first call would be to Hue Jackson.

If they could make a member of the Brown family the head coach, they would do it in a heartbeat just to keep that money in the family.