John Hardin's Mickey Pearson commits to the Saint Louis Billikens

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SLU is a great fit and I can see why Mickey would want to spend his next 4 years there. It is in a great conference, great academics, great coaching, and just the right distance to be away from home but close for family to come watch a lot of games. They have a nice 2018 recruiting class already and I would think they will make a run at Courtney Ramey who decommitted from U of L. His HS teammate is committed there and being a hometown school they could make a hard run at him.

SLU is a great fit and I can see why Mickey would want to spend his next 4 years there. It is in a great conference, great academics, great coaching, and just the right distance to be away from home but close for family to come watch a lot of games. They have a nice 2018 recruiting class already and I would think they will make a run at Courtney Ramey who decommitted from U of L. His HS teammate is committed there and being a hometown school they could make a hard run at him.

They might make a run at Ramey, but that would be like WKU making a run at Zion Harmon. Close to home, but Harmon will get offers from bigger colleges/better conferences.

I'd think Ramey would wind up at IU or Purdue or Mizzou before SLU.

They might make a run at Ramey, but that would be like WKU making a run at Zion Harmon. Close to home, but Harmon will get offers from bigger colleges/better conferences.

I'd think Ramey would wind up at IU or Purdue or Mizzou before SLU.

Courtney's Webster Grove HS teammate, Carte'Are Gordon, who is 6'9", starred on the USA 17U team at the FIBA World Championships in summer of 2016, and who is ranked higher chose SLU over Mizzou and Kansas. In 2017 they landed another local star who chose them over Mizzou, Purdue, & Michigan State. Point is Travis Ford is a recruiter and he hired an assistant with ties to the NIKE EYBL St. Louis Eagles program that has many strong relationships with local coaches. That said, I do not think Courtney's dad is a big fan of SLU and he had his own Adidas program the last few years that competed with the Eagles for players so the relationship factor is not going to be as strong in getting Courtney.

Mickey will be playing with some really high rated recruits though, SLU should become very good the next fews seasons.

Congrats to Mickey. A great basketball player but an even better person. Coach Ford is getting a tremendous young man, his actions off the court will forever be more impactful than anything he will accomplish on the basketball court. Good luck to you young man.

• 8 months later...