John Hardin's Mickey Pearson commits to the Saint Louis Billikens

Mickey is a solid player, but he is not a UK/UNC/Duke/Arizona/UL etc type player or they would have already offered. He has the length, but doesn’t have the brawn needed at that level. In my opinion, he needs a full year or two in order to put on 30-40 pounds of good weight. I am not sure why you would leave the situation in St. Louis. Great education, nice mid major fit, new arena, and many other positives to that situation. I just hope this decision doesn’t backfire on him. The old saying goes bigger isn’t always better. Hope he finds a home that will fit him well.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mickey is a solid player, but he is not a UK/UNC/Duke/Arizona/UL etc type player or they would have already offered. He has the length, but doesn’t have the brawn needed at that level. In my opinion, he needs a full year or two in order to put on 30-40 pounds of good weight. I am not sure why you would leave the situation in St. Louis. Great education, nice mid major fit, new arena, and many other positives to that situation. I just hope this decision doesn’t backfire on him. The old saying goes bigger isn’t always better. Hope he finds a home that will fit him well.

Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, Illinois and Kansas State are four good reasons to leave the situation in St. Louis. I don’t hear any backfires yet.....let me know when you hear some so I can duck like I always do when I hear backfire.

Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, Illinois and Kansas State are four good reasons to leave the situation in St. Louis. I don’t hear any backfires yet.....let me know when you hear some so I can duck like I always do when I hear backfire.

Correct four good reasons but he has officially announced he is going to the class of 2019 now that he is playing with TeamManimal, it was on their twitter page. So if he is going to 2019, he must think he can get better than K-State, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss and Illinois.

Correct four good reasons but he has officially announced he is going to the class of 2019 now that he is playing with TeamManimal, it was on their twitter page. So if he is going to 2019, he must think he can get better than K-State, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss and Illinois.

Can’t hurt any to try to improve your stock if that’s the floor.

Not necessarily him thinking he can do better. Those schools may have offered him as a 2019 kid. Happens a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Recent article on Mickey Pearson in the Courier Journal detailing how things are going for Mickey right now. It does a good job of saying what he is doing and what the hope is for him going forward. It sounds like prep school is where he will end up next year once he reclassifies to the 2019 class. I’m looking forward to following him and where he heads next. Good luck, Mickey!!!!

“As much as Pearson playing with Manimal Elite, a travel team that includes Trinity High's David Johnson, helps his exposure as a potential late addition for colleges, it also helps his chances of landing at a prep powerhouse.

Pearson said he is contemplating the option to reclassify to the Class of 2019 and use a post-graduate year to not only improve as a player but also give him more time to evaluate his college choices.”

Mickey Pearson eyes prep schools after St Louis decommitment

What was the "situation" in St. Louis ?

Sounds like Hargrave Military for Pearson.

Was told by a couple of the Manimal Elite players parents that he didn't play well in Orlando at all.

Mickey was always going prep once he decommitted from St Louis. Tell those parents I wish their kids well in whatever endeavor they choose....smh