Is Colin Kaepernick an upgrade from Andy Dalton?

Is Colin Kaepernick an QB upgrade over Andy Dalton?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Is Colin Kaepernick an QB upgrade over Andy Dalton?

• Colin Kaepernick
    • Andy Dalton

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope! And if Eifert stays in bounds, Bengals probably win, this convo never takes place.

If Dalton doesn't miss so many throws key throws even when he does have time, then this conversation doesn't take place either.

I can't say it would be an upgrade or not. Kap has played well when he had some talent on offense around him. Plus he won playoff games and played well in big moments unlike Dalton. The popular myth is well he only made the Super Bowl because of his defense. His defense gave up over 28 points a game in those playoffs. While he and the offense scored 30 points a game. He was a big reason they made the super bowl and was 7 yards away from winning it.

If Dalton doesn't miss so many throws key throws even when he does have time, then this conversation doesn't take place either.

I can't say it would be an upgrade or not. Kap has played well when he had some talent on offense around him. Plus he won playoff games and played well in big moments unlike Dalton. The popular myth is well he only made the Super Bowl because of his defense. His defense gave up over 28 points a game in those playoffs. While he and the offense scored 30 points a game. He was a big reason they made the super bowl and was 7 yards away from winning it.

THAT Kap is an upgrade for sure. The Kap that got benched for Blaine Gabbert is not an upgrade.

THAT Kap is an upgrade for sure. The Kap that got benched for Blaine Gabbert is not an upgrade.

Put aside the off the field stuff, most ignore that Kap was benched for Gabbert and didn't start the season as the #1 QB last year for the 49ers. It takes just a handful of poor games for a team to find a reason to demote a QB with Kap's resume.

Put aside the off the field stuff, most ignore that Kap was benched for Gabbert and didn't start the season as the #1 QB last year for the 49ers. It takes just a handful of poor games for a team to find a reason to demote a QB with Kap's resume.
At this point I would put up with the off the field stuff if he was truly an upgrade. I don't agree with his logic for kneeling but if he's winning games he can do what he wants. Nothing this dude has shown me the past 2 years proves to me he could help this team win football games. Yes I truly believe Kap is getting blackballed by the owners of the league, but nobody thinks this guy is a starter in the league anyways.

Daltons numbers for his first years are among the best in league history. Yes I know he has not won a playoff game. I'd take him and not want to take a chance with Kap's leadership ability. Give the man time to throw and he will be fine.

As far as Dalton,you play a sport long enough,your going to have a off year. I remember the fans were ready to run Ken Anderson after the "80" season.

He rebounds the next year and takes the team to the super bowl,and wins the m.v.p.. So maybe it's Daltons "off" year. The o-line is bad...not his fault. But he usually has hit open guy's in the past. As far as Kaepernick, he is his own worst enemy at this point. Lets not forget he..."opted" out of his contract. Could have gotten 14.5 mil to hold a clip board. And if he still was a option for teams, if not the n.f.l., why not Canada? His game is perfect for the c.f.l.!!! Do i think he deserves another chance,yes...probably. But not my call. As far as the Bengals,don't panic!!! But if they lose to Cleveland,you might want to re-think it!!!....lol!!!