Fern Creek 81 Hopkinsville 64 (KHSAA Sweet 16 First Round)

Fern Creek took a lead in the 1st Quarter and kept it the rest of the night, FC pushed the lead to 10+ after a big 2nd Quarter and it never got closer than 10 after that. Hopkinsville was lead by Cager who had 17 Points, Johnson who had 15 Points & 7 Boards before fouling out, Henangan added 11 & Nicholas added 10 for Hoptown. Moore lead Fern Creek with 21 Points, Price added 13 & 9 Boards, & Wickliffe added 11 & 6 Boards.

You cant press this team, Wales is too good with the rock and they pass and cut great. My only question for them going in was could they consistently shoot the ball. I guess if you can get to the rack like they did today won't really matter.

So, for a team like Hoptown who presses, when's the "point of diminishing returns" reached when they are giving up more than they are getting and they come out of it? Or is it just who they are and they keep it coming regardless?

^ I definitely believe it falls under "just who they are". Some teams can adjust well, some teams can't. The press is a fundamental part of Hoptown's identity. My impression of them when I saw them was 1) Press 2) Threes. Both failed them.

Don't understand why Hoptown pressed today. They haven't pressed the last quarter of the season focusing on their half court defense and they have been very successful. They didn't press a lot the last time they played Fern Creek. Poor planning on the Tiger coaching staff on this one.

Fern Creek played some great defense on Hoptown. 2 of the top 3 outside shooters for Hoptown were held to 3 attempts, and they missed all 3. Great all around game from FC.

Hop town killed me in the contest thought they were better than I guess they actually were sounds like they got took to the wood shed.

Hoptown is a good team, they just ran into a very good FC team.....lots of ppl knew FC was good, they just didn't know how good they are.