To the Church Goers

Just curious.... What did you pastor/priest/clergy person say about the cessation of the Syrian refugee program and the Muslim immigration ban, at Church today?

Mods - feel free to move this to the Controversial or Religion thread, wasn't sure where it fits. Thanks.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No-our focus was on Jesus. I go to church to worship not to get into political debates.

Social teaching is often the topic of homilies in my Church, i.e. living life of holiness amidst the challenges of modern society.

I guess I thought my priest would be in tune that some parishioners may feel anxious about these events and would feel the call to address them.

Underlying topic of our sermon today was to serve our community and a call for us to do more. Our Preacher has really been challenging us to find a way to serve God, outside of the four walls of the church...this was a continuation of that theme today.

FWIW He rarely if ever speaks of politics or world affairs, saying we have enough to do within 1 mile of our church to keep us busy.

Underlying topic of our sermon today was to serve our community and a call for us to do more. Our Preacher has really been challenging us to find a way to serve God, outside of the four walls of the church...this was a continuation of that theme today.

FWIW He rarely if ever speaks of politics or world affairs, saying we have enough to do within 1 mile of our church to keep us busy.

was listening to an old country preacher on the radio the other day. He was blasting preachers as cowards for not tackling hot political issues in their sermons.