Covington Catholic 72 Simon Kenton 44

Covington Catholic 72

Simon Kenton 44

Simon Kenton 5 13 12 14 44

Covington Catholic 17 21 15 19 72

Simon Kenton -- Murray 2, Sergent 3, Cottrell 2, Kitchen 3, Fries 14, Sammons 5, Zelch 6, Martin 5.

Covington Catholic -- Fredrick 10, Vonhandorf 14, Sweeney 4, Massie 4, Flood 14, MAyer 10, Ruthsatz 8, Galvin 2, Ziegelmeyer 4, Davin 2

Read more here: Latest high school boys' basketball scores | Lexington Herald-Leader

I've been reading about how talented Hawkins is for over a year on here.

What am I missing? Numbers just aren't there.

Think a lot of people were expecting a breakout year from Hawkins. Apparently was healthy enough and played well enough on the summer circuit for Belmont and Lipscomb to come watch him in preseason open gyms?

Interesting skill set for a kid his size but not sure it has translated to success at the high school level yet.

Think a lot of people were expecting a breakout year from Hawkins. Apparently was healthy enough and played well enough on the summer circuit for Belmont and Lipscomb to come watch him in preseason open gyms?

Interesting skill set for a kid his size but not sure it has translated to success at the high school level yet.

There is no doubt JC is not having the year most thought he was going to have. While he has good vision, passing and shooting skills I think having to play so much point guard has hurt him. He is more suited for the 2 guard or small forward position.