Bracken County 63 Pendleton County 61

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Turning point comes late in 3rd when Bears have nothing going offensively. Crawford comes with two consecutive guard steals and hits driving layups. One trip later he intercepts crosscourt pass, drives, misses, rebounds and sticksback. Played like a warrior at both ends.

Sorry, I don't have stats; but, my impression is Crawford had close to 30, 10 rebs, and 7-8 steals. Engnes had a strong offensive first half and perhaps had a dozen. For PC Allen was largely slowed by the Bears but probably had 15. Daugherty came off the bench and hit some bombs, probably finished with a dozen. Wood played another excellent game at PG with steals coming when Hinson put on midcourt traps of other ballhandlers.

Entertaining game at The Igloo. Bracken survives a 16-0 run by Pendleton during the last 2 minutes of the first half and the first two minutes of the second (37-30 to 37-46).

Crawford blows by his man repeatedly; no help = Crawford at the rim. Momentum changed in a huge way when Bracken ratcheted up the 2-2-1 pressure, forcing several sloppy passes. Excellent come-from-behind win for the Polar Bears. I thought that Brady Jones was an unsung hero tonight.

And to top it off - the DAWG and the polarbear in one fell swoop. My life is complete.

This is an observation and not meant to sound as a negative. Crawford plays extremely hard end to end. Never takes a play off. The team relied so much on him tonight, I think he lost alot of his legs by the 4th, causing 4-5 missed FTs late and three or four missed driving layups he normally would hit. Great performance and my guess he is exhausted in victory tonight.

PC has the best player in the 10th and doesn't know what to do with him

Allen has had an outstanding season and was the 38th District Tournament MVP last season. Seems to me Coach Belcher is doing just fine with him.

Good to see Jones and Engnes play well for the Polar Bears. And there's not much more one can say about Austin Crawford, who seemed to get the Bears back in it with defense.

PC has the best player in the 10th and doesn't know what to do with him...

BC made sure Crawford got the ball and that was the difference !

To much 1on 1 ball for me....

I see why both teams are ranked 9 and 10...

If PC has the best player in the 10th, why didn't he not knock down the shot at the end to tie it all up?

The best player in the 10th is the man who defended the contested shot.. AC