Barren County dropping Glasgow

Over the last 18 years the Trojans are 4-14 against the Scotties so that might play a pretty sizable part in it. I don't live anywhere near that area, so I am just speculating.

I'm not sure if Pikeville & Pike Central played prior to 1998, but they hadn't played each other since 98 until this past season. The schools are just a few miles apart as well, similar to this situation. Results were not good for Pike Central as they lost 53-0. Pretty sure the only reason they played though is due to Centrals current coach being a former assistant @ Pikeville.

Edited by Johnny_Utah
info

This just happened in the last year or so between Pulaski, Southwestern, and Somerset as well. Just the thing to do these days I guess.

But in that case, as well as Paris/Bourbon, it was the smaller school dropping the larger one. This is an example of a large school dropping a small school, presumably because of a lack of competitiveness, something that rarely happens.

There are lots of factors that go into it. Money, kids switching schools, available talent, etc. I know Barren lost a little bit and I have a feeling Glasgow is strengthening based on what I've seen at the middle school level over the last couple years. That could be playing a part in it.

You have to do what's best for your program. Barren already plays BG and now South Warren so all the "watering down the schedule" people can head elsewhere.

Greenwood dropped BG in the late 2000's and consequently went to the Final Four in 6A in 2009.

East dropped BG in the late 2000's and consequently went to the Final Four in 4A in 2012.

South Warren has refused to play BG and won the state championship in 2015.

All of those were in-town-out-of-district decisions made by programs who:

1. Knew they were not gaining a lot other than a gate by playing BG because of how good BG was/is.

and

2. Made the decision based on what they felt was best for their program.

It is hard to argue that any of the three's decision was a bad one. We will see how this plays out for Barren.

You have to do what's best for your program. Barren already plays BG and now South Warren so all the "watering down the schedule" people can head elsewhere.

Greenwood dropped BG in the late 2000's and consequently went to the Final Four in 6A in 2009.

East dropped BG in the late 2000's and consequently went to the Final Four in 4A in 2012.

South Warren has refused to play BG and won the state championship in 2015.

All of those were in-town-out-of-district decisions made by programs who:

1. Knew they were not gaining a lot other than a gate by playing BG because of how good BG was/is.

and

2. Made the decision based on what they felt was best for their program.

It is hard to argue that any of the three's decision was a bad one. We will see how this plays out for Barren.

Sounds like Central needs to drop BG so they can get back to the Final Four.

Also, how many of those fans for GW and SW (not so much East) were touting if they had played BG in 2009 and 2015 that their team would've won?

I think its ridiculous that Barren is scared of Glasgow. It's not a casulty of SW being added to this district. I know that.
You're really out there now. "scared" Barren probably has one of the toughest schedules in the state come 2016. Two state champions. Does Glasgow have that? No. To say scared is really over the top. They are doing what's best for their program, and how would you know anything? Do you and Coach Griffith chat on the side about their scheduling?