Iowa Thoughts/Predictions

bugatti

It is gameday. What are you thinking will shake out this evening?

I keep getting the feeling Rubio is going to perform well. Hillary will Cruz to victory.

These have been my thoughts for months, but it has been unpredictable thus far, so who knows?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Traditionally, the Des Moines Register poll that comes out the Friday before caucusing is insanely accurate. It has Trump with a slight lead over Cruz and Rubio in a solid third well ahead of the other candidates.

Also has Clinton with a five point lead on Sanders.

She may not want it, but it may not matter. With a string of Southern states to follow, she'll likely do very as February wears on.

Agreed. But going down 0-2 could be a psychological blow to her supporters, more so than damage her actual electoral prospects. I'll be very interested to see how she polls among Dem females today.

The person for whom Iowa matters most is not any of the four people currently at first or second in their party's polling. It matters most for Marco Rubio.

Polling has him solidly third and if he does even better than that, then I think the coalescing will begin around him for those horrified by Trump and with misgivings about Cruz.