Mason County 43 Highlands 42

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First I will give all the credit to Highlands and their defense. They made us look terrible and should have won the game. Now, what an uninspired effort by the Lady Royals. We played with very little emotion and play so out of character it wasn't funny. Our starters got out scored at the beginning of the third quarter 8-0, had about 15 turnovers by just throwing the ball right into the defender. Our ball handlers did not handle the pressure well. Mason held them to 10 total FG's and none in the fourth quarter (only five FT) and it took a shot by McNutt to win the game. Our defensive on Adler was terrible as she hits three three's and had 12 pts in the third qtr. This effort will not win the region.

First I will give all the credit to Highlands and their defense. They made us look terrible and should have won the game. Now, what an uninspired effort by the Lady Royals. We played with very little emotion and play so out of character it wasn't funny. Our starters got out scored at the beginning of the third quarter 8-0, had about 15 turnovers by just throwing the ball right into the defender. Our ball handlers did not handle the pressure well. Mason held them to 10 total FG's and none in the fourth quarter (only five FT) and it took a shot by McNutt to win the game. Our defensive on Adler was terrible as she hits three three's and had 12 pts in the third qtr. This effort will not win the region.

Sumo...I agree 100%. For whatever reason the Lady Royals played a very sub-par game. Lot's of credit to Highlands for attacking the MC press and getting good looks out of their offense.

It looked like the MC girls were really out of sync (maybe due to being out of school). But no excuses for sloppy passes and mental breakdowns. Very fortunate to pull out this win.

I have to say, I love MC's center. 21 I think. Tall blonde haired girl. Really works hard and kinda the blue collar kid. I always seem to be impressed with those types. She does a nice job.

That's Kara Moran...She does do a lot of the "dirty work". She's a Soph.

Like I said in another thread...Mason County has 6 - 7 girls that could be the leading scorer on any given night. I think that's part of what makes them hard to beat. IMO...Brianna McNutt has been playing the best the past couple of weeks. But it may be someone totally different next week.

Sumo...I didn't get to talk to any of the girls after the game last night. I was wondering if O'Mara was hurting from the collision she took in the SK game. She said that she was fine Tuesday night. But she was really short on all of her FTs and looked really off on her shooting in general.

Sumo...I agree 100%. For whatever reason the Lady Royals played a very sub-par game. Lot's of credit to Highlands for attacking the MC press and getting good looks out of their offense.

It looked like the MC girls were really out of sync (maybe due to being out of school). But no excuses for sloppy passes and mental breakdowns. Very fortunate to pull out this win.

I wouldn't be too hard on them. HHS does that to a lot of teams. They are very creative on defense and execute defensively very well. That's one of their strengths. Remember, there were some that picked this HHS to win the 9th in preseason. They have not lived up to that because of the lack of intensity they have played with at times this year, but they are still good when they play with intensity like they did last night. What you saw last night was a different HHS team than what others have seen in the past couple weeks. They were much more aggressive and playing WITH each other. They had long film and coaches sessions and the seniors had a "coming to Jesus" player only meeting with them the day before yesterday to "re-focus" on the last half of the season. So you got a team that was right off a message about it's now or never. They showed me last night they aren't ready to give up on the season. When HHS plays like that, they are a really good team. Still wish they'd make more of their darn layups, but still pretty good.

Sounds like a great game wish I could have watch this one.

Did Highlands play more physical tonight?

Much more. In my opinion, they were the aggressor last night and I think the MC coach even mentioned that on the post game show on the radio. They were a different team last night.