Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason County 43 Highlands 42

Featured Replies

Anything shady go on in this game seems like every time someone plays at Mason something crazy with the refs or clock happens?

 

I don't know what you mean? What happens crazy?

  • Replies 51
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only point is preparation for tournaments is the ultimate goal and playing tough teams on the road, or, neutral courts is better preparation. More exposure to hostile environments and officiating unfamiliar with your squad.

 

But, didn't you know (from a previous thread) that the fieldhouse isn't really Mason's girls "home court"? They normally play downtown, so I guess the fieldhouse being all the way out in West Maysville makes the field house a "neutral site", lol

 

Love you Maysville fans! Too bad all these HS teams don't have fans like Mason's to support them, critique them constructively, and generally just love on them! You guys/or gals are great!

I don't know what you mean? What happens crazy?

 

Think they may be referring to the possession arrow error coming out in the 4th qtr.

The coaching staff at Highlands must be shaking their heads wondering every night what team will get off the bus.

Can someone describe the game winner for those of us that were not there.......please.

Think they may be referring to the possession arrow error coming out in the 4th qtr.

 

Seriously, that would be brought up. I do not know that I missed it but I may have. I was willing to change it but the referees talked about it and could not remember a jump ball. I believe Mason turned the ball over on that possession anyway. Mason has dedicated people to work the scorers table and to bring that up as "something crazy" is classless. You think I meant to do that!!!!!! I'm sure that a possession arrow is never missed at Highlands where they are PERFECT!!!!!!

Seriously, that would be brought up. I do not know that I missed it but I may have. I was willing to change it but the referees talked about it and could not remember a jump ball. I believe Mason turned the ball over on that possession anyway. Mason has dedicated people to work the scorers table and to bring that up as "something crazy" is classless. You think I meant to do that!!!!!! I'm sure that a possession arrow is never missed at Highlands where they are PERFECT!!!!!!

I have no idea about a possession arrow or what you're talking about. I asked because in the SK thread both schools said the refs took the game over and ruined the game. I was asking if something like that happened again. I was told the game was good for both teams had a post season feel to it.

Seriously, that would be brought up. I do not know that I missed it but I may have. I was willing to change it but the referees talked about it and could not remember a jump ball. I believe Mason turned the ball over on that possession anyway. Mason has dedicated people to work the scorers table and to bring that up as "something crazy" is classless. You think I meant to do that!!!!!! I'm sure that a possession arrow is never missed at Highlands where they are PERFECT!!!!!!

 

If you're talking to me, I didn't see it at all. I heard about it and I'm just saying that's the only thing that anyone could have said was fishy. I don't feel like it had any impact. And I didn't even hear about it til after the game! If it was a big deal to me, I would have brought it up way before now!! I thought that someone heard something happened and that was the ONLY thing I could think of. Chill out my man. If you read what I write at all, I NEVER blame anyone else for losses and can't stand when others do. I was happy with the way our team played and it's no one's fault but their own that they let that one slip away from them.

I have no idea about a possession arrow or what you're talking about. I asked because in the SK thread both schools said the refs took the game over and ruined the game. I was asking if something like that happened again. I was told the game was good for both teams had a post season feel to it.

 

The SK and Mason Co game was very well called. I don't think either school said the refs took the game over and ruined it. Several eluded to some questionable calls in o.t. Myself included, but never stated that the game was ruined.

 

I'll say again, that particular crew did an outstanding job and both teams played well. I fully expect 'questionable call's' as basketball is extremely difficult to officiate.

  • Author

Glad to hear the solid comments. The post that called things into question made it sound (to me, anyway) that questionable and sinister things happen...let's see..."every time someone plays at Mason".

 

I figured I'd see if sumo knows about that, since he's watched more of these games than everyone else combined in this thread.

It's kinda funny how anytime Mason Co pulls out a close home game there's always the ones who say "homecoming" or "why not play away from Maysville."

 

The Lady Royals played Murray (a top 10 team) on a neutral court and won, played Butler (top 4 team) on a neutral court and lost by 8, then East Carter (a very underrated team) on the neutral court and won by double digits.

 

I mean cmon guys, can't we just give credit where credit is due? These girls are living a dream they've had since 1st and 2nd grade.

Seriously, that would be brought up. I do not know that I missed it but I may have. I was willing to change it but the referees talked about it and could not remember a jump ball. I believe Mason turned the ball over on that possession anyway. Mason has dedicated people to work the scorers table and to bring that up as "something crazy" is classless. You think I meant to do that!!!!!! I'm sure that a possession arrow is never missed at Highlands where they are PERFECT!!!!!!

 

WOW! Did someone hit a cord, relax no one is saying something for sure happened and not at all did I hear that any particular thing cost Highlands the game. MC won and it was a good game, it could have went either way but it went in MC favor enjoy and stop getting defensive, its all good.

After reading this thread (before it turned weird), I can't help but share a cool memory. Maybe around 5-6 years ago, I was at a small "AAU" type tournament that was held at Georgetown College. My daughters AAU/travel team would sometimes play in small tournaments like this one for opportunities to get better and Georgetown was pretty close. RCC9 remembers them well, as he would take his team to the same tournament. That year, there was a younger team playing up that consisted of a group of girls from Mason County. They were a crazy good group of girls. Usually teams made up from players from the same school did not fare well in any of these tournaments, but these girls held their own playing up that weekend. I remember when my daughters team played them, most of us parents were amazed that these kids went to school together. The young Mason girls would lose that game to a very good and older BCK Firebirds team, but they held their own and didn't make it easy. The cool thing is that Brianna Adler was on the Firebird team, probably hitting threes that day to help beat them. I am sure none of those girls probably imagined they would be getting after it years later in a big varsity game. I remember talking to some of the Mason county girls' parents and we all told them that the Lady Royals were going to be darn good in a few years. They did not disappoint.

After reading this thread (before it turned weird), I can't help but share a cool memory. Maybe around 5-6 years ago, I was at a small "AAU" type tournament that was held at Georgetown College. My daughters AAU/travel team would sometimes play in small tournaments like this one for opportunities to get better and Georgetown was pretty close. RCC9 remembers them well, as he would take his team to the same tournament. That year, there was a younger team playing up that consisted of a group of girls from Mason County. They were a crazy good group of girls. Usually teams made up from players from the same school did not fare well in any of these tournaments, but these girls held their own playing up that weekend. I remember when my daughters team played them, most of us parents were amazed that these kids went to school together. The young Mason girls would lose that game to a very good and older BCK Firebirds team, but they held their own and didn't make it easy. The cool thing is that Brianna Adler was on the Firebird team, probably hitting threes that day to help beat them. I am sure none of those girls probably imagined they would be getting after it years later in a big varsity game. I remember talking to some of the Mason county girls' parents and we all told them that the Lady Royals were going to be darn good in a few years. They did not disappoint.

 

Great story and I remember them well too! They got after it back then!!

WOW! Did someone hit a cord, relax no one is saying something for sure happened and not at all did I hear that any particular thing cost Highlands the game. MC won and it was a good game, it could have went either way but it went in MC favor enjoy and stop getting defensive, its all good.

 

I never brought it up and I am fine. I hate it when stuff like that happens and I want it to be a clean game issues. When someone posts that something crazy happens at Mason County everyone they play here, I take offense to that. I run the games at Mason and think I do a pretty good job over the last 27 years. Just don't appreciate my integrity called into question. It is all good.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.