Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason County 43 Highlands 42

Featured Replies

I by no means meant to upset anyone. I have never heard of a jump ball issue, so that was not why I asked. I have always been told that Mason is a tough place to play and Mason Co gets some interesting calls at home if it's a close game. Didn't mean to upset you or anyone. I was wondering if anything happened. Thank you for your service to the Mason Co programs.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never brought it up and I am fine. I hate it when stuff like that happens and I want it to be a clean game issues. When someone posts that something crazy happens at Mason County everyone they play here, I take offense to that. I run the games at Mason and think I do a pretty good job over the last 27 years. Just don't appreciate my integrity called into question. It is all good.

 

No one is questioning your integrity or your service to MC, all they did was ask if something crazy happened and if it did why would it have anything to do with you just because you have ran things for that long doesn't mean you have anything to do with crazy stuff that goes on or doesn't go on.

 

I commend you for your service and MC is a fine program and don't think they meant anything by it.

Anytime someone says Mason Co has homecooking you're insulting Sumo, I've been going to games in Maysville for several years now and have witnessed these accusations in person and none of them should be blamed on the staff at MC because they do a terrific job.

 

As for this game the confusion was between the Highlands Coach and the officials, Mason got the ball to start the 3rd, there was a jump ball about halfway through the quarter so therefore it was Mason's ball to start the 4th.

 

There is no need at all to be accusing anyone at all for this incident.

I by no means meant to upset anyone. I have never heard of a jump ball issue, so that was not why I asked. I have always been told that Mason is a tough place to play and Mason Co gets some interesting calls at home if it's a close game. Didn't mean to upset you or anyone. I was wondering if anything happened. Thank you for your service to the Mason Co programs.

 

I don't know abut "interesting", but I do think that different parts of the state have officials that call games differently. I think the visiting teams from out of the home team's regions always have somewhat of an adjustment that they need to make to the style of officiating. For instance I think in parts of the state there are far less over the back calls than we are used to getting when we play at home. I'm not criticizing...I just think the officials just let them play more. So when our team travels to one of those areas we have to know that, but a team that comes to our area also can't be overly upset when there are more calls than they are used to.

After reading this thread (before it turned weird), I can't help but share a cool memory. Maybe around 5-6 years ago, I was at a small "AAU" type tournament that was held at Georgetown College. My daughters AAU/travel team would sometimes play in small tournaments like this one for opportunities to get better and Georgetown was pretty close. RCC9 remembers them well, as he would take his team to the same tournament. That year, there was a younger team playing up that consisted of a group of girls from Mason County. They were a crazy good group of girls. Usually teams made up from players from the same school did not fare well in any of these tournaments, but these girls held their own playing up that weekend. I remember when my daughters team played them, most of us parents were amazed that these kids went to school together. The young Mason girls would lose that game to a very good and older BCK Firebirds team, but they held their own and didn't make it easy. The cool thing is that Brianna Adler was on the Firebird team, probably hitting threes that day to help beat them. I am sure none of those girls probably imagined they would be getting after it years later in a big varsity game. I remember talking to some of the Mason county girls' parents and we all told them that the Lady Royals were going to be darn good in a few years. They did not disappoint.

 

This core group of girls have played together for a long time. They've placed as high as 11th at the DII AAU Nationals. And I find it interesting that I've heard comments that Mason County has an advantage because we play together all the time. They played several local tournaments over the summer with whoever could play that weekend. It was a great experience for some of the younger JV girls to get to be able to play with the older varsity girls.

Great story and I remember them well too! They got after it back then!!

 

Hey did I miss something what happened to the thread about JC situation?

Great story and I remember them well too! They got after it back then!!

 

I remember that tournament. We were there also. Small world!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.