Who wins?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Series History: First Meeting

Series at Apollo: First Meeting

These two teams meet for the first time, both coming in at 1-0 on the season. Apollo knocked off Muhlenberg County 35-14 while everyone knows how South Warren dismantled John Hardin. What will the South Warren Spartans do for an encore? Does Apollo have any chance?

First off, I think it's great that Apollo got off to a good start last week in a 35-14 win over Muhlenberg. The game was 28-0 before Muhlenberg got on the board. While I don't think Apollo will win this game, they are taking a step forward and have some winnable games coming up. This Friday, Apollo needs to keep everything in front of them, and hang around. Hopefully WR Rates Lewis or RB Bryson Morris can find some space and get Apollo into the end zone. The big thing I'm going to look for this week from Apollo is competitiveness. South Warren has established a nice program and had a great week 1 versus John Hardin. If Apollo can keep this game respectable, It'll bode well for Apollo's confindence for the rest of the season.

South Warren 42

Apollo 14

Apollo is a program trying to pull itself out of the ashes right now. Some may scoff at the win vs Muhlenberg but any win like this, is a good win for Apollo right now. They struggled to win any games a year ago. Apollo has some new assistants around coach Crume and have made a fantastic hire in new strength coach Tyler Matthews. He came in just after football last year and added so much to all sports, not just football. With that said, i think Apollo is a lot stronger and much more prepared for the physical nature that is the game of football. While they will probably get run off the field this week, i have to believe they are improving over on Tamarack Road.

South Warren 46

Apollo 13

Muhlenberg seems well coached. They line up well and play hard. Not terrible regarding fundamentals but just outmatched physically.

I also think they are trying to do things offensively that are tough for them to execute.

Apollo played a solid game against a decently coached team with a head coach on his way out if he does not turn it around, great way to start the season for Apollo but South Warren is a final game contender and I do not see them having trouble at all with Apollo. Again, Apollo should be proud and happy with their week 0 performance but this week is over their head

South Warren proved themselves Week 1 against what most will consider a down John Hardin team... John Hardin nonetheless. I will be interested to see how Apollo comes out in this one. They were better than Muhlenberg and played like it. Can't say the same about the Spartans. I like Apollo to score early to make it interesting but South Warren to pull away with their depth and discipline.

SW 35

Apollo 14