Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

devils58

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by devils58

  1. To have Bowling Green fans come on here and question the coaching of BG is laughable. You guys are spoiled. You have top notch coaching. One day you may not, so don't take these years for granted. Owsley was limited due to an injury he suffered in the 2nd quarter i believe. While he wanted, and could've taken on more, the OHS coaching staff absolutely did the right thing by protecting their player. As for the game, BG is a solid, well oiled machine. Buchannon is the truth, but I think the Dingle kid is 10 times better than his brother. Tisdale is as advertised, which i already knew. I've been watching him since the 7th grade. I'm happy that he's getting his offers. Outside of a dropped pass in the 3rd or 4th quarter, BG didn't make many mistakes. OHS is a really good football team. Last week against Catholic was one of those games you just cant explain. Bad everything equaled a loss against a team that was playing lights out. OHS corrected some personel issues, and is showed tonight. OHS came up empty in the BG red zone a few times, which ultimately decided the outcome of the game. I'm not into moral victories, but rest assured, OHS isn't the team they can be if everyone stays committed. I think the tide is about to turn in this series and I know BG folks will laugh at that, and I dont blame you at all. I admire the Purples success, but the Devil have committed to a good scheme that fits OHS' athletes. Congrats BG. I'm looking forward to seeing the result of the BG-South Warren matchup because the Spartans have been destroying everyone and I want to see if they are indeed that good. I think they may be, but nothing like a Purple test to see if it holds up. OHS meanwhile will get a solid test versus a Daviess County team that has more team speed than they've had in school history. If OHS plays like they did against BG they'll be fine. If OHS plays like they did against Catholic, they'll lose. It's that simple
  2. Has Will Warren from Owensboro not been invited?
  3. Here in Owensboro, we have two really solid college prospects. Daviess County's Joey Cambron and Owensboro's Will Warren.
  4. I never said a kid was a schools property. I stated that I wished kids would stay in their feeder. I know that’s not realistic and I’m ok with it. I pointed out Trinity because it was the easiest example. Not hating, it’s just the way it is. Everyone else needs to step up their approach. Schools like BG have. All facets gotta be top notch.
  5. Let me say, I don’t like it. Ideally, i wish every kid would stay in their respective school and feeder system but that just doesn’t happen. I think it’s becoming the norm across the state for kids to seek the best opportunity. And I know the R-word is a bad word on BGP, but if everyone will be honest for a second, many programs have been doing it directly or indirectly for a while. Like in Louisville, it’s open season on middle school athletes. It’s rare for a kid to stay in their feeder. Trinity has been pooching top JCPS kids for a while and again, I’m not chastising but it’s the way it is. I think programs around the state have wised up and started to consolidate or concentrate talent in their area to one particular school. I also think more programs are taking football serious and that means facilities, coaches, and players. Out in the state, feeder development is at an all time high. It has to be to compete with a Jefferson County school in a title game. At the end of the day football is a dog eat dog game and business. The top dogs are eating feasts and we’ll find out how hungry the rest of the dogs are over the next few years
  6. Congrats Tanner but I will never, ever say, Roll Tide in a good way. Don’t fault him but it’s hard to build something when kids keep leaving the state
  7. Owensboro wrapped up their spring practice last Thursday. Check out what coach Jay Fallin had to say below: OHS coach Jay Fallin talks spring football – Homers Radio Network
  8. Apollo wrapped up their spring practice on Friday with their Blue-White game. Check out what new coach Phil Hawkins had to say: Apollo coach Phillip Hawkins talks spring progress – Homers Radio Network
  9. If anyone wants to hear what coach Morris had to say, check out his interview on the Homers Show. Morris' interview takes place right at the beginning of the show: Homers Show 3-21-18 – Homers Radio Network
  10. As far as I can go back, Catholic has not had a coach like Riley. I do know that Catholic had some very good teams back in the 70's and 80's. But Tim Riley is a next level type of coach. I honestly think Riley could coach college basketball and be successful. Catholic really lucked into Tim Riley because of Riley retiring from the public system. It's remarkable the level of coaches that David Blanford has been able to get at Owensboro Catholic. Tonight is going to be a war. Catholic is 4-0 against Apollo, and I'd still say that Apollo is better. However, you can't argue with 4-0. It's difficult to beat a good team multiple times in a year, and that's what Catholic will have to do tonight. OHS beat Bowling Green 3 times in 2015, twice during the regular season and once in the state championship. It's gonna be fun!
  11. 74Devil, sometimes in high school sports, teams come together in a way that can only be described as magical. I've seen it a few times in my lifetime: 2006 Apollo basketball, 2009 OHS baseball, 2015 OHS baskeball, 2016 Daviess County Soccer, and a few others that escape my memory. Apollo has that look this year. 1-5, they can match up with about any team in Kentucky. IF Apollo was to win tonight and face CovCath at state, I honestly believe they'll have a shot. But to have that shot, Apollo MUST stay out of foul trouble. Malik and Corey Wilson (no relation obviously lol) come off the bench, but in VERY limited roles. There is no scoring off the bench that Apollo can rely on. However, the way Apollo is playing on offense right now, I'm not sure how you stop it. Apollo shot nearly 60% against Ohio County, and they're able to get to the free throw line with their big guards driving the lane. James Graham has gone from a kid that was a complete afterthought, to a kid that I honestly believe could play low level D1 basketball. Hayden Shelton is going to Memphis to play for Tubby Smith (if he doesn't get fired) and Nathan Boyle is a low level D1 play IMO. Alex Gray will be a great fit at an NAIA program like Brescia and Angel Saldana is a great athlete at PG. If Apollo can control the temp, keep shooting well, and James Graham can stay out of foul trouble, this Apollo team is flat scary 1-5. I was teasing Doug Denton (a member of Apollo's 2006 state runner up team) about this team having the same look and he said "we didn't have a guy like James Graham inside. Right now, nobody does. Apollo is legit. Having said that, Catholic has Tim Riley, so who knows what will happen
  12. Championship game will be broadcast here: Homers Radio is on Mixlr. Mixlr is a simple way to share live audi...
  13. It's been a couple weeks now since Apollo upset OHS, and no, I'm not over it, but I've had the privilege of broadcasting the boys and girls 3rd region tourney games for Homers Radio. Here are some observations: 1-As far as boys are concerned, this may be the worst 3rd region field (teams out side the 9th) that I've ever seen. Apollo and Catholic have cake walked to the finals. 2-The girls tournament was fun and balanced, mainly because the region was good. Muhlenberg, Edmonson, and Breck had really good teams. 3-Owensboro Catholic girls are a machine. They're all about 6 foot tall, wear their hair the same, and play the same. It's like they build robots lol. 4-The Sportscenter has done a good job with timeout entertainment. Half Court shots, trivia, karaoke are lots of fun for crowd involvement. 5-Ohio County has won the best crowd hands down. Eagle Nation from Hartford literally filled half the Sportscenter 6-Shame on the students for not getting out to support the girls. 7- Sportscenter ice cream is the GOAT. Rupp isn't even close 8- OHS and DC are still the best two teams in the region. Don't @ me. 9- Apollo has the look of a special team. Talent wise, they've scared me all year and now they're showing why. 2006 could be happening again 10- I'm unbelievably blessed to able to to broadcast these games, get to know the coaches, the players, and interact with the 3rd Region fans. Steve and I were just guys in the bleachers about 5 years ago, and now we're getting to live a dream. Thank all of you!!! 10.5- Gimmie Apollo over Catholic in a war!
  14. That's exactly right. Madisonville will provide OHS with a very tough test tonight. Maroons go 6-9 and 6-6 and that kind of size is trouble for anyone. Bosse is legit. That is gonna be a wild one on Friday! You should come out to Legends Sports Bar on Wednesday for the Homers Live Show. We'll have free ticket giveaways from the Thoroughbreds, Dinger Fest, and have Cory Gardner and Deonte Douglas from OHS on
  15. Great job once again!!! OHS, right now anyway, is the clear cut number one, but once district tournament starts, it means absolutely nothing. Whichever two teams come out of the 9th are going to be the favorites to make the region final. I'm very interested in the 12th, from a balanced, competitive standpoint. Right now, I couldn't pick which two teams would come out of that district. I think the 11th is going to probably have an interesting Hancock-Breck matchup in the first round. The region as a whole is drastically down from last year. In 2017, i felt the 3rd as a whole, was a strong as it's been in several years. This year, it's flat bad. That is all the more reason to make me believe if OHS makes it out of the first round of district, the Devils will go to Rupp. But as we've seen broadcasting the games on Homers Radio, there are no absolutes in the post season. My question becomes this: if OHS can make it to Rupp, how far can the Devils go? A dissapointing showing in the Midtown Classic in Louisville raised some doubt for Devil fans, but OHS also beat Christian County by 40, and a solid Castle Indiana team by 20. I think this week will give us more insight on the Devils as OHS plays Madisonville and at Bosse, which we may broadcast on Homers Radio.
  16. Solid work. I think the poll is spot on right now. This is a big week with TONS of marquee matchups. We're going to know a whole lot more by next week. One thing is for sure at this moment: Owensboro Catholic is the real deal. The Aces may not lose more than 4 games all year.
  17. I think the 3rd is completely wide open. However, I think the front runners are the 4 city teams in Owensboro. Meade, Breck, and maybe Ohio are the only teams outside the city that have a shot, IMO. Speaking of the city, the 9th district games are going to absolute wars. I can't think of a year where every single team in the city was not only capable of going to Rupp, but possibly capable of advancing in the sweet 16. Yes, every 9th district team has flaws, but every team has some decent size, speed, solid guards, and great shooting. I think the consensus thought is that Catholic is far and away the number 1 team in the 3rd. They do have a very talented senior class, and have proven it over the last few years. However, I think Catholic is more a product of Tim Riley's coaching than overall team talent. Luke Hayden and JD Marshall are nice playmakers, but every other kid is more of a role player that has to work within the offense to get their own shot. A well coached team with lots of shear talent would give Catholic nightmares. Daviess County kind of fits that same mold as well. Blake Boswell is a pure joy to watch play basketball. I love the grit of the kid and his uncanny ability to find a way to score. He doesn't pass the look test, but he straight flat gets it done. Apollo is an enigma to me. I've heard the Eagles have struggled during scrimmages, but the shear talent is there for Coach Barker. Angel Saldana from Puerto Rico will be a big boost to the team as is the return of Hayden Shelton from prep school. Nathan Boyle is one of the best pure shooters I've seen in the 3rd region in quite some time. Apollo has size as well and if this team puts it together.....look out. Speaking of putting it together......OHS just about has it all. In terms of pure talent, playmaking ability, and athleticism, OHS is by far the most blessed in the 3rd region. However that DOES NOT make you the best team. The knock on OHS post state championship has been work ethic. The young guys in 2015 rode the wave that Holman, Miller, Morrow, Sanford, etc made, and didn't really see how those guys grinded for years to make that happen. This past offseason, the Devils finally got the message and improved their bodies in the weight room to get ready for 2018. The scuttlebutt going around is that Taeron Hogg is looking great, and Deonte Douglas may finally reach is potential. That's what coach Drake has to try and do....get the kids to buy completely in, and if they do, the rewards will be great. Having said all of that, I gotta go with Catholic as my preseason pick as well, and its really a pick based on Tim Riley moreso than the roster. Tim Riley is a beast, and I think he'll find a way to get Luke Hayden going, which will carry the rest of the Aces.
  18. Congrats to South Warren! Believe me, nobody's shedding a tear for BG. I say that as a nod of respect to the dominance of the Purples. BG will be back, but it's nice to see someone else win the region.
  19. Welp. That happened. Again. Congrats Purps
  20. We are definitely going to talk about OHS and the "situation" about the offense tonight on the Homers Show. I'm with everyone else, OHS is not utilizing their skill guys in the most effective manner. It's been that way for quite some time. It's frustrating to watch those same kids being utilized the right way when they are at Owensboro Middle, then when those SAME KIDS get to high school, OHS runs a different offense, they can't throw the ball, and the skill guys don't get the appropriate number of touches. I know those comments will ruffle some feathers, but everything stated is true. OHS football has been a part of my life since I was a little boy, and I hate to see OHS not be able to take that next step (ie playing BG better, beating BG once in a while) with all the available talent there and coming up. @Purple88 gave a good perspective from a BG's fan point of view, which is even they (BG fans) don't understand why OHS offensively operates the way they do. My biggest concern with all the talent coming up for Owensboro is this: will some of those kids either 1-transfer or 2-not play because of the offense. Every single year there are lots of "vultures" out there trying to get Owensboro kids to go to other schools. Sometimes they are successful, but there are a few of us fighting behind the scenes, talking to parents, and trying to keep our kids together. But as each year goes on, and the offense is from the 70's and 80's, it's getting more difficult to keep the vultures away. I'm out of excuses, and the vultures are circling.
  21. It was great to meet you as well Purple88! I was convinced that you were Kevin Wallace but after meeting you in the flesh, I can vouch....you aren't Kevin Wallace but you're a super nice dude! I also appreciated the convo we had as well. Wish we could've chatted more, but doing the Homers Broadcast had us a tad busy. Thanks for coming up, and hopefully we'll see you down the road as well! As for the game, you have to tip your hat to Christian County. Last Friday was the best I've ever seen Kolbie Langhi play against Owensboro and it wasn't close. Also, kuddos to the Christian County staff for finding something that worked and sticking with it. CC spread OHS out and used Langhi on QB keepers all night, and OHS couldn't stop it. When CC got it 3rd and longs, it simply threw the ball over the middle and converted several 3 downs. Corey Trice is the real deal. I can see why Jeff Brohm offered him to be a Purdue Boilermaker. He'll do great things in West Layfayette. All in all, this is the best CC team, ive seen since the Bubba Tandy days. OHS meanwhile, is in a state of flux. Offensively, they are struggling to find a consistent passing attack to keep defenses honest. Defensively, OHS is missing NG Diamond Glover and LB Jalen Goodwin and it shows. The biggest surprise is the trouble that OHS is having guarding the middle of the field, but when you factor in a freshman (Austin Gough) and a sophomore (Trace Grenier) are you starting middle linebackers, you gotta figure the learning curve is going to happen. It may sound crazy, but I think OHS will be fine and be a very difficult out come playoff time. OHS has a chance to get better against Marshall County before taking on a very tough Apollo football team in two weeks. After the Apollo game, we'll probably know more about OHS being a threat in the playoffs.
  22. There is no doubt that this is a big game for both teams, because both desperately want the #1 seed in the district, which would give either team home field advantage untill semi-state. Christian County is super talented and undefeated. OHS is talented, but young across the board. To me, the difference in the game will come down to OHS turning the ball over. Against Bowling Green and Daviess County (weird saying those two teams in the same sentence), OHS was its' own worst enemy with so many turnovers, which IMO can be fixed. We called the Hancock County-Todd County game last friday on Homers Radio. Both teams ran the veer/flex. The game was a turnover fest as both teams accounted for 9 turnovers, and other fumbles that weren't turnovers. While many OHS fans are weary of the flexbone that OHS runs, at this point in the season, you can't abandon the scheme. Maybe some special packages would be good, but at the core, OHS is built to be a flexbone team for 2017. Having said that, I'm not sure OHS can get their turnovers under control, especially in that offense. Even more problematic for OHS is the amount of penalties against Daviess County. I'm not sure of the exact number, but it had to be close to 20. I do know that coach Fallin DOES NOT accept the turnovers or penalties and the OHS staff will be working extremely hard to correct those mistakes. If OHS can put it together, they're gonna be special, but I have to see it to believe it. Christian County 28 Owensboro 24
  23. @thsrocks Ohio County Eagles, not Bobcats. That's Ohio University! I like Henderson in the matchup, but Ohio County is achieving more than anyone thought they could up to this point. Quarterback Heath Simmons for the Eagles is legit. IMO, he's a 1AA, possibly a mid major D1 talent QB. If Heath Simmons was playing for a state power, everyone would be talking about him. New Ohio County coach DeMarcus Ganaway has instilled new life into the program along with his staff that he brought in.
  24. Every position? Wow. Just wow. I'm not going to get on here and say anything other than to tip my hat to BG. OHS laid an egg and BG made them pay. It's like I said Wednesday night on the Homers Show and I'll say it again: This game didn't mean squat. Even had OHS won, I'd have said the same thing. It's all about the playoff game in November. BG absolutely deserved to win the game, and I hope OHS can hold up their end of the bargain to see this game played again at Rash Stadium in November.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.