Garrard County 2015

Ram

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garrard should field a quality product this year. Lots of experience returns and as well as playmaking ability.

The issue though is the new alignment.Adding Boyle and LexCath to their district is akin to drawing the short straw.

What are the expectations around Garrard for this season with a strong Senior class? Are they expecting to beat Lex Cath and Boyle this year or is the ceiling a 3rd place district finish and trying to go on the road to possibly beat Bardstown in the first round. What about the future for Garrard in that district with the players behind these Seniors? Is there enough coming up for them to be competitive after 2015?

I think Garrard County will surprise some people. I could see them finishing first, second or third in the district. No worse than third. Without seeing their schedule it is possible that they could have three losses this season all at the hands of Boyle County and LexCath. If they defeat one or both of them it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Aug. 21 - Shelby County (Home)

Aug. 28 - Madison Southern (Away)

Sept. 4 - Lincoln County (Away)

Sept. 11 - Rockcastle County (Home)

Sept. 18 - East Jessamine (Home)

Sept. 25 - Lloyd Memorial (Away)

Oct. 2 - OPEN

Oct. 9 - Boyle County (Home/District)

Oct. 16 - Western Hills (Away/District)

Oct. 23 - Lexington Catholic (Away/District)

Oct. 30 - West Jessamine (Home)

I think Garrard County will surprise some people. I could see them finishing first, second or third in the district. No worse than third. Without seeing their schedule it is possible that they could have three losses this season all at the hands of Boyle County and LexCath. If they defeat one or both of them it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Seeing the schedule I will agree with your post and say 9-3 with three losses to teams in their District.

I see a rude awakening after their bye week. That schedule in the beginning of the season will not prepare them for the meat of the schedule. You can not simulate that level of competition in practice. Boyle and Catholic will beat them.

Seeing the schedule I will agree with your post and say 9-3 with three losses to teams in their District.

They will lose to a very experienced rockcastle team who has everyone back again the next year too

They will lose to a very experienced rockcastle team who has everyone back again the next year too

Rock has to show me something first.

Their 7 wins last year came against only one team with a winning record (Marion County). Their 6 other wins came against teams who went a combined 10-53 last year.

Just don't see Rockcastle having the athletes to play with Garrard. They could lose to either Boyle, Catholic, or both - but they are capable of beating either. Jlow is right - kicking game MUST improve, but they return two 1000+ yard rushers and an outstanding receiver, as well as the best lineman in the region, IMO.

Lex - I never have really understood the whole "schedule preparing" thing? If we went on non-district schedules alone, LexCath should have won 5 or 10 state titles by now. Games are about matchups and execution, IMO.

Lex - I never have really understood the whole "schedule preparing" thing? If we went on non-district schedules alone, LexCath should have won 5 or 10 state titles by now. Games are about matchups and execution, IMO.

I see it both ways.

You make an excellent point with your last sentence, but at the same time it is also hard to argue the merit of "scheduling up". Look at Louisville Central as a prime example. Also look at the two super talented Bourbon County teams who annihilated a weak schedule and then had a dose of reality once they had to step up in class to play Belfry in the Semi's.

The best teams are able to schedule difficult enough that they expose areas to work on, without jeopardizing themselves from an injury or confidence standpoint.

Now back to the point at hand... do I think GC's schedule may hinder them a little once they have to play Boyle or LexCath in the regular season? Sure I could see that. With that said.. by the time the playoffs roll away having played those two teams in the regular season now consequently means Garrard's schedule is strong enough to stand beyond criticism and one would think it will strengthen them to play those teams again without the "wow" factor coming in play.

I think you misunderstand the style of football Rockcastle plays. A very physical style, I am not sure you have the type of tough kids to play against Rockcastle. if you are more of a finesse type team than it may be a long hard night for you.