Should Stats be listed for Spring Sports on KHSAA?

I thought schools were fined if they didn't post stats.

Basketball, football, and soccer are only ones required. Volleyball starts next year. Not sure why baseball/softball don't have to. They're the most stats-driven sports we have.

Basketball, football, and soccer are only ones required. Volleyball starts next year. Not sure why baseball/softball don't have to. They're the most stats-driven sports we have.

Probably because stats for these sports would be so inconsistent. Decisions as to hit vs error is only the start of the confusion.

Probably because stats for these sports would be so inconsistent. Decisions as to hit vs error is only the start of the confusion.

But that is just part of the sport. The scorekeeper has to decide if it was a hit or an error on the fielder. Most of the time it's a non-issue. Besides, you don't think basketball stats get flubbed some?

• 2 years later...

Probably because KHSAA hasn't spent any money on computer server to handle so much data.

I'm not positive about softball, but I believe the KHSAA told the ADs and baseball head coaches around the state that they have to start posting game stats to MaxPreps and then the KHSAA will be downloading the stats to their scoreboard from MaxPreps.

It sounds to me like the runaround from school to MaxPreps to KHSAA could confirm what @Tommy2tone said about the KHSAA's servers.

I've noticed that there are extremely few programs posting stats, though. Around Northern Kentucky it looks like Campbell County, Conner, Cov Cath, and Holmes have done a good job of reporting stats for all of their games, but I didn't find anyone else who had all of their games reported. Most teams haven't reported at all. It looks like around the state-at-large, the reporting - at best - has been extremely poor.

Does it mean that those schools aren't having stats recorded for all of their games? Or does it mean that they're not bothering to report their stats?

I don't use game changer (hey I am old school and I love my scorebook) but I just add my scorebook up and post it to MaxPreps by hand and presto, it winds up on the KHSAA scoreboard web site as REQUIRED by the KHSAA along with Pitch Counts for our pitchers. Doesn't take much longer than what it does to post the stats to the Football and or Basketball sites.