Oh No, Here Comes John Hardin

Is anyone on here really surprised?

I think if you go back and look through the threads on here (and Hoss would know better than me) you will see most of the BG people strongly maintaining that they have believed all along that they'll see JH in the semi's.

East Raider is spot on! After seeing a pitiful Bullit East team collapse against a very good John defense and good John offense, I will be shocked if they are not standing the day after Thanksgiving. And for the record, I rarely, if ever use pitiful to describe a team on here, because these are young men and they are trying I know, but WOW Bullit East was bad! Shockingly So!

Purple was at the game and I am stunned with how bad BE played. Hopefully that had something to do with John Hardin's defense. Two teams I was worried about in the region were BE and Grayson County. Well, we play at Grayson this Friday so I am concerned about that one. I know we beat them 35-32 a few weeks ago, but that game could have gone either way. It will be cold so we will have to take care of the ball and stop their run. If we do that we will be fine.

It would be nice to meet Bowling Green and actually beat Johns arch nemesis before heading off to Class 4A next year.

John Hardin is a young team and has been improving thru the year. I think they have a solid couple years coming up. That said BG will win handily if they meet.

John can't look ahead to anyone. They have improved each week which is what you want this time of year. I wouldn't go as far as saying BE is terrible. They were in the game with central hardin (35-28 final)and Central is undefeated. Played Boyle very tough as well. If John makes it to BG they can't compete with them. Mismatch. This late run though is impressive with the injuries this team has endured.

John can't look ahead to anyone. They have improved each week which is what you want this time of year. I wouldn't go as far as saying BE is terrible. They were in the game with central hardin (35-28 final)and Central is undefeated. Played Boyle very tough as well. If John makes it to BG they can't compete with them. Mismatch. This late run though is impressive with the injuries this team has endured.

Ed,

I would not have traveled to Mt Washington if I thought Bullit East was terrible. I wanted to see a good hard fought close game. BE may have done those things earlier in the year, but last Friday they did none of them. Give John's D credit as I thought they looked great. BUT when 9 out of 10 plays are runs inside the tackles, you dont have to wonder what the other teams is going to do, plus I saw no athletes I'd put above any of John's skill athletes, not 1. I had no dog in that fight. I dont take satisfaction at saying that, it is just the sober truth. Hope John makes it to BG because I think they will give BG a game, maybe not like the last game at John, but it will be competitive. If you play John that late in the playoffs you have to earn it. I think BG will, but it won't be easy.

I was at the BE game Friday as I am for almost all of them as I have a son that plays on the team. the East team has been riddled with injuries this season, Missing your starting QB, RB, and a few lineman made it very difficult to win against a better than advertised JH team. Do I think East would have won Friday with those players maybe, maybe not. I do think the game would have been better for sure. It appeared the East team wasnt ready to play Friday as the first half was all JH, East couldnt do anything on either side of the ball. no matter who you play its difficult to win when you have 5 turnovers and 3 of those inside your own 30. JH pretty much did whatever it wanted in the first half on offense and East did nothing but give the ball away on offense. After the half East made some decent adjustments on defense and kept JH off the board in the second half. Im sure some of that was with the lead JH was a little more conservative. the sad part was there was no adjustment after halftime on offense for East. it was the same tired old offense scheme that works fine against the weaker teams but once you face an athletic team it dont work as well. The one thing the veer will not allow is for to make any sort of comeback. Its not a quick striking offense and when everyone in the park knows what your doing its easy to stop. Example. there were many times East would come out with 3 wide, JH counters with 1CB between the group of WR and kept the safety in the box, It looked like they would just spread the OLB out a little to cover the short slant. East never not once tried to throw out of this formation which is mind boggling to me. In the end JH was the better team Friday and deserved the win. the Defense was very strong and tackled very well. If East wants to advance in the playoffs they have to find a way to move the ball when the Veer is not working. you cant just keep pounding your head against the wall hoping it will eventually break. The east program has a lot of young talent at the skill positions and they will be good for next few years. the JV and freshman team just finished off another great season. the JV team has only lost 2 games in past 3 years running a little different offense but for some reason they dont allow that same offense to be ran on Friday nights. Congrats to JH for a well deserved victory they could be a sleeper for the next couple weeks....

I was at the BE game Friday as I am for almost all of them as I have a son that plays on the team. the East team has been riddled with injuries this season, Missing your starting QB, RB, and a few lineman made it very difficult to win against a better than advertised JH team. Do I think East would have won Friday with those players maybe, maybe not. I do think the game would have been better for sure. It appeared the East team wasnt ready to play Friday as the first half was all JH, East couldnt do anything on either side of the ball. no matter who you play its difficult to win when you have 5 turnovers and 3 of those inside your own 30. JH pretty much did whatever it wanted in the first half on offense and East did nothing but give the ball away on offense. After the half East made some decent adjustments on defense and kept JH off the board in the second half. Im sure some of that was with the lead JH was a little more conservative. the sad part was there was no adjustment after halftime on offense for East. it was the same tired old offense scheme that works fine against the weaker teams but once you face an athletic team it dont work as well. The one thing the veer will not allow is for to make any sort of comeback. Its not a quick striking offense and when everyone in the park knows what your doing its easy to stop. Example. there were many times East would come out with 3 wide, JH counters with 1CB between the group of WR and kept the safety in the box, It looked like they would just spread the OLB out a little to cover the short slant. East never not once tried to throw out of this formation which is mind boggling to me. In the end JH was the better team Friday and deserved the win. the Defense was very strong and tackled very well. If East wants to advance in the playoffs they have to find a way to move the ball when the Veer is not working. you cant just keep pounding your head against the wall hoping it will eventually break. The east program has a lot of young talent at the skill positions and they will be good for next few years. the JV and freshman team just finished off another great season. the JV team has only lost 2 games in past 3 years running a little different offense but for some reason they dont allow that same offense to be ran on Friday nights. Congrats to JH for a well deserved victory they could be a sleeper for the next couple weeks....

Nothing was worse than Isiah Boyd's injury against Boyle.

I can guarantee coach Lewis is not letting his team look ahead. Grayson has a senior dominated team and they will be a hard out. It wouldn't surprise me to see this game go either way. John Hardin won't be looking ahead only the fans are thinking what looms ahead. My prediction is this game will be tight just like last time.

Both teams generally run the ball right? So weather should have an equal effect on both teams, but as usual turnovers will be big.

Turnovers will decide this game. JH has not been good this year in the turnover department, although they have been better lately. That's how they beat BE and a cold night makes it likely there will be plenty of turnovers during this game.