Harrison County 2014/2015

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basketball season for 2014/2015 should provide another exciting year. What should we expect from Harrison County. Remember, please be constructive.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out with their best player now at Scott County.

Harrison has good experience to go along with some young talent . Despite the loss of Jenkins, gonna be a tough game on everyone's schedule. Should still be favorite for the 38th district title.

Will depend on Pulliam and Thompson to handle the bulk of the load.

Agree that they're still the favorites in the 38th, but it's a lot closer now with Jenkins gone.

Should still win the 38th. I just don't think any of the 38th's other teams can compete with the for 4 quarters. Agreed with Pulliam and Thompson will really have to step it up. I feel this will be a breakout yr for Zac Pulliam. Especially with Jenkins now gone. I really like his game. :thumb:

This is the aggravating part of running a program the right way, all kids at Harrison are from there, they finally have a shot at the region and lose their best player. Happening all over our state, just a sad state. Wayne and Lincoln all homegrown kids face the same thing in the 12th with Mercer/Boyle and Southwestern getting kids.

I was in Georgetown yesterday and a person asked me what I thought of Scott County and Coach Hicks. I told them they probably did not want to know. She proceeded to explain to me that Scott Co. and Coach Hicks has open enrollment at Scott Co. I told her that the open enrollment is right for the kids of Scott Co. but not all across the USA. Scott Co. is not a College. Of course, she thought there was nothing wrong with it.

Kendall doesn't know the talent he posses, I'd look to go elsewhere too

I've thought that way too

I believe that is an unfair assessment of Coach Kendall.

He's been the head man at Harrison County for 2 seasons now and won the 38th both years--something the Breds had not done since the 2008-09 season. Won 20 games his first year & had Harrison knocking on the door of the Regional championship game last year.

At worst, D.J. Jenkins was going to be the #3 player in the 10th Region for 2014-15 & at best he was going to be the top player. No matter how someone would have ranked Matt Wilson, Dre Jackson, & D.J. Jenkins, there's not a lot of separation between those 3 at this time. Jenkins was going to be a star this year at Harrison County under Kendall; now he'll be a star this year at Scott County under Hicks.

Jenkins was free to do what he wanted & he chose Scott County--a decision that has been made by a plethora of quality players over the years. With Jenkins & with those other players, it is not always the fault of the previous coaches that they transferred. I have my opinions about Billy Hicks & what has happened in Georgetown over the years--opinions that a lot of Scott County folks wouldn't like--but I cannot deny that the program is one of the best in the state, if not the best. I get why a lot of kids want to be there.

To lay the blame for Jenkins' transfer at the feet of Larry Kendall is unfair IMO. He has a ton of experience, being the son of another solid coach, and has proven himself more than capable of leading a proud HC program. Not a lot of programs can lose a player like D.J. Jenkins & still be a solid team, but Harrison County will be that this year.