Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

iPapi

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by iPapi

  1. Maybe I'm the only one, but I think the phrase "Dustin May runs into the endezone for ANOTHER PIRATE TOUCHDOWN!!!" came & went with Mr. Phillips as well. But Nathan does do a great job, and like you said, his voice is made for a PA system. I do wonder if the volume works up there though...most of the time it is deafening.
  2. Yeah, but Gay has beaten Powell head-to-head at every event they've competed in this year. No matter, both these guys are fast.
  3. Big enough that you can't really blame a High School DB for not wanting to tackle him...and the other HB is bigger. They bring a whole new meaning to the phrase "Full House Backfield".
  4. Shenanigans!:lol: To the game...I don't have the time right now to really elaborate, but goodness gracious I can't tell you how impressed I was with the game Charlie Dotson had last night. If there was a big hit or big defensive play it was made by Dotson. Offensively, that's the best I've seen him run the ball, too. Dustin did what he consistently does and punished tacklers. Ivan needs to get those pads down and initiate some contact when running the ball. And I couldn't really tell what exactly SC was doing to cause some confusion with Andrew, but he looked a little tentative to pull the trigger a couple of times last night in the first half. But all of this is just nitpicking...overall it was a great win against a good team.
  5. I'm not a screamer. Congrats Coach on the win...It's been a pleasure to witness.
  6. We're pretty fond of ours here at Belfry, the new one and the old one.
  7. Words can't describe how much I miss this series already, but I can count the dollars both schools are losing out on by not playing this one.:sssh:
  8. May is probably 4.8 or 4.9 range, and could easily be a pass rushing DE in college. A very good one, too, in my opinion.
  9. The difference is that the Prestonsburg team you're talking about was a really good football team. Sheldon Clark isn't, plain and simple.
  10. What is Coach Yeagle's illness? If it is disclosed, I understand.
  11. 1A - Hazard vs Beechwood 2A - P'burg vs Corbin 3A - Belfry vs Central 4A - Bell vs Franklin County 5A - Johnson Central vs Bowling Green 6A - Manual vs Henry Clay
  12. Wouldn't Belfry being a 3A school have helped their Strength of Schedule because they are both 2A, win or lose? Its been a long time since I've seen WV's point system, but I recall that it is nowhere near as fair as the one Ohio goes by.
  13. I'd liked to have seen this shootout.
  14. That's the first thing I thought when I saw the score. Congrats to the victors, and best of luck to both.
  15. You hit the nail on the head...In years past the line play has been key in determining the outcome of Belfry/Pikeville games because the skill positions usually evened out in some shape or fashion. But never was the play of one team's line as dominating as it was last night. And I, like many Pirate & Panther fans, thought the line play would be closer to equal this year than any other.
  16. I'm as happy as a hillbilly at a family reunion.:banana: 7
  17. I wouldn't admit to the possibility of losing to Pikeville to anyone, especially a Pikeville fan. Who can you rib about this game if you can't rib your friend/foes from Pikeville?
  18. I'd like to nomintae Phillip Haywood for pretty much the same reasons. It seems win a team hasn't had a good year in a while and then finally "breakout" everyone wants to nominate the guy for coach of the year. Maybe the coach is a great coach, and maybe he is deserving, or maybe there just happened to be an exceptional number of athletes that finally matured into good football players. My point is that guys like McGlone, Hilton, Yeagle, Haywood, Redman, Harp, Schneider, etc., consistently put great football teams on the field. Year in and year out any of these guys are serious contenders for a COY award.
  19. This time last year I said that this would be Pikeville's best chance to end the streak, and I felt pretty confident about there chances when I said it. But things change, Pikeville's had plenty of time to lick their wounds, and this wouldn't be a rivalry if chivalry was shown two days before kickoff. Belfry's D is going to be the difference in the game. The front 7 is as solid a unit as you'll find in the mountains, and I'm sure they'll be fired up for this game. Pikeville is capable of breaking off the big play, but if the Pirates keep the big plays to a minimal they should be fine. Belfry 30 - Pikeville 14
  20. I'm not from Prestonsburg. Heck, maybe Ashland will get there first win at Johnson Central. Thanks for the shot at P'Burg, too.
  21. I want to comment on this post before it gets taken out of context, and correct me if I am wrong on my assumption. Most everyone knows who the best teams in EKY are by the time the 8th or maybe the 9th game of the season rolls around. And, yes, some gloat about how they are going "all the way". But doesn't it seem like when they do get beat that the teams dishing out the Ws are the same handful of teams (Ft. Thomas, CovCath, Beechwood) that are winning championships year after year? Honestly, I took this post as a slight, intended or not, but overall I must say the NKY football as a whole isn't as far ahead of EKY football as most think. But that could be just me. Side note...I'm sure you might not have gathered this from the guru's post, but I'm sure he understands that EKY teams face a HUGE dilemma when it comes to travel time when considering facing outside foes.
  22. Anybody besides me kinda happy Ashland is 0-4???
  23. It's really easy to blame coaches when you lose a close game & that comes with the territory, but honestly I don't recall anyone having the heartbreaks that Manual has had in football since I've been on BGP. I really hope that sometime soon the tides turn and Manual has their time to shine.
  24. Any update on the extent of the injury???

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.