Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Yeagle out at Lloyd!

Featured Replies

It would be speculative on anyone's part as to exactly why Yeagle is out, but he is out as the head football coach of Lloyd.

 

IMO, Coach Yeagle is just not healthy enough to coach football at this time. I hope you feel better soon Coach.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope he gets well.

It would be speculative on anyone's part as to exactly why Yeagle is out, but he is out as the head football coach of Lloyd.

 

IMO, Coach Yeagle is just not healthy enough to coach football at this time. I hope you feel better soon Coach.

 

Agreed, did he keep his teaching position?

He will be in my thoughts and prayers as he goes through these difficult times in his life. He's been a staple to Northern Kentucky High School Football and I'm sure everyone will miss him being on the sidelines. Thanks for the update Guru.

Did he decide to step down on his own, or did Lloyd pretty much just get rid of him?

What is Coach Yeagle's illness?

 

If it is disclosed, I understand.

  • Author
Agreed, did he keep his teaching position?

 

I don't have complete information on his teaching status and I suppose that really doesn't matter for our purposes.

I don't have complete information on his teaching status and I suppose that really doesn't matter for our purposes.

 

Wasn't worried about our purposes as much as I am about him... I gotcha though...:thumb:

  • Author
Wasn't worried about our purposes as much as I am about him... I gotcha though...:thumb:

 

We are on the same page. I want to be factual about the coaching change, not get into anyone's personal life.

The decision was his own and he will remain as a teacher.

Sadly another chapter in the history of Northern Kentucky High School Sports is closed. Hopefully it is not closed forever.

I might be kicked off the site for this but who is correct Guru or Ryan Ernst?

 

"The latest on Yeagle ...

 

As we reported earlier, Lloyd coach Mike Yeagle will not rejoin the team until after its game Saturday against Holy Cross. Yeagle took a leave of absence three weeks ago. Rumors are circulating regarding Yeagle's future at the school -- ranging from "he's back with the team" to "he's resigned."

 

Lloyd athletic director Chad Molley said today that neither is true.

 

"Mike was back at work (teaching) this week, but we don't want to threw him back in the fire right away in mid-week," Molley said. "... We don't want to get into a situation where he's back and then he's not. We'd like to establish some continuity."

 

Yeagle, who won eight state titles in 14 seasons at Beechwood, is in his first year at Lloyd. He's been on the sidelines for just one game this season -- a Week 2 loss at Beechwood.

 

Molley said Yeagle is helping interim head coach Roy Lucas Jr. prepare for Holy Cross but will not be on the sidelines Saturday."

 

posted by Ryan Ernst at 9:31 AM 0 comments links to this post

Coach Yeagle has a long road ahead of him. Pray for his recovery.

  • Author
I might be kicked off the site for this but who is correct Guru or Ryan Ernst?

 

"The latest on Yeagle ...

 

As we reported earlier, Lloyd coach Mike Yeagle will not rejoin the team until after its game Saturday against Holy Cross. Yeagle took a leave of absence three weeks ago. Rumors are circulating regarding Yeagle's future at the school -- ranging from "he's back with the team" to "he's resigned."

 

Lloyd athletic director Chad Molley said today that neither is true.

 

"Mike was back at work (teaching) this week, but we don't want to threw him back in the fire right away in mid-week," Molley said. "... We don't want to get into a situation where he's back and then he's not. We'd like to establish some continuity."

 

Yeagle, who won eight state titles in 14 seasons at Beechwood, is in his first year at Lloyd. He's been on the sidelines for just one game this season -- a Week 2 loss at Beechwood.

 

Molley said Yeagle is helping interim head coach Roy Lucas Jr. prepare for Holy Cross but will not be on the sidelines Saturday."

 

posted by Ryan Ernst at 9:31 AM 0 comments links to this post

 

You are OK here Dewey. Ernst reported the company line and I gave you the rest of the story.

I don't think how matters. It is a loss to the program, the kids and to the other coaches. When a person gives of himself and touches as many lives as this coach did, it is sad to see him go.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.